Chapter Eight

“Look at this place. It’s like Christmas!”

《~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~》

Friday, September 27th, 1996

Woodsboro, California, U.S.A.

Riley Residence

“Sidney Prescott, who escaped a vicious attack last night, is the daughter of Maureen Prescott, who was brutally killed last year when convicted murderer Cotton Weary broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased,” the voice o...

“Sidney Prescott, who escaped a vicious attack last night, is the daughter of Maureen Prescott, who was brutally killed last year when convicted murderer Cotton Weary broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased,” the voice of a news reporter says through the TV in the kitchen of the Riley family. Tatum and [Name] are quick to comfort their friend at the table as Dewey makes his way over to the remote.

“Cotton Weary is currently awaiting appeal for the death sentence handed down after the young Sidney Prescott and another witness, [Name] Morrison, testified against him,” at the mention of her name, [Name] whips her head around to watch the report. Disgust fuels her as she watches Cotton Weary being put into a police car.

“They were the key witnesses in the state’s case against the—” the reporter’s voice gets cut off as Dewey shuts the news off.

Sidney sighs and turns her attention away from the black screen, “It’s never gonna stop, is it?”

“Billy was released,” Dewey mentions. All heads turn toward the man as he continues, “His cellular bill was clean. He didn’t make those calls. We’re checkin’ every cellular account in the county. Any calls made to you or Casey Becker are being cross-referenced. It’s gonna take some time, but we’ll find him.”

“You okay?” Tatum asks her.

Sidney nods and continues eating her breakfast without uttering another word.

As the others go on and eat too, [Name] looks to Dewey and asks, “Did Casey’s parents say anything about when she and Steve’s funeral is going to be?”

“Nothing, sorry,” Dewey frowns. “I’m sure they’ll contact you when it is. After all, you two were attached to the hip.

[Name] nods and silently eats her food just as Sidney did.

After breakfast, Dewey, Sidney, Tatum, and [Name] jump into Dewey’s police car so the three girls can head off to school for the day. Dewey gets into the driver’s seat as Tatum gets into the passenger and Sidney and [Name] hop into the backseat together.

“You girls got everything?” Dewey asks.

They respond with a collective “yes” and then they start their car ride to Woodsboro High School. Along the way, the group continues discussing the recent horrors that have plagued the town.