"Actually our father is from here, and that's why all three of us was sent here as an Educated youth."

According to Gu Kai his father's family are here. And they have a house in this village. That's why his father thought it would be best to send his children in his hometown, to be taken care by his family.

In that way he won't be too worried about how they'll live in the future. At least he could trust his own family.

Listening to our conversation, Aunt Lu suddenly interjected.

"Young man, do you have relatives here? The village is not that big. Not to brag but I know all the people that lives in this village. Do you mind if I ask who are your relatives?"

This young man is quite good at interacting with people, eventhough he's from the city he does not discriminate the people he met, so Li Guilan had a good impression of him.

"Auntie my surname is Gu, and my name is Gu Kai. My father's parents and siblings all live here."

He was also curious if Aunt Lu knew who his father is. So he replied enthusiastically.

Growing up, his father was always a figure he looked up to.

His father was from the countryside and was able to climb up ranks in the military.

After his father was discharge from the army he was sent to the city to work in a factory.

Because he had achieved merits in the military,  he was given a good position when he started working in the factory.

Knowing his father's achievements, he was sure many people in the village know him.

He was one of the few who was able to leave the countryside to live a good life in the city.

While waiting for Lu Guilan's response he saw her thinking deeply.

Lu Guilan began to ponder.

"There are some families who are surnamed Gu in here. Gu who went to the city, let's see. Ah! Are you Gu Sanzhu's, son?" She suddenly inquired.

Gu Kai was taken aback. Who is Gu Sanzhu, he didn't know.

"That, Auntie thats not my father's name." He said in a small voice.

"No? That's weird, the only Gu that lived in the city is Gu Sanzhu."

Then suddenly, like a bulb that lit in her head, she thought of something.

She looked at Gu Kai and said. "Then is your father's name Gu Yongjun?"

Finding out that Li Guilan recognized his father Gu Kai became excited. 

"Yes, that's my father's name. Do you know my father Aunt Lu?"

Hearing his answer, Li Guilan's enthusiasm reduced alot.

"I see, so you're his son. Your family house is not far from here, but they should still be in the field right now. So you might as well wait until the work in the field is done."

Li Guilan looked at Gu Kai and said. "Now that I took a good look at you, you seem to resemble your father Gu Yongjun quite a bit."

"My husband the village captain grew up with your Father, they were actually really good friends then. They're also close in age. But its been a long time since your father came back, so I wasn't able to recognize your face right away. Anyway most of the people here knows your father, but not all knows him by the name Gu Yongjun, we only know because of how he was close friend with my husband back then." Li Guilan explained.