Chapter 20

I don't know whether I was brave or stupid enough to follow him. 

My taxi kept following the black car. It was going to the lower part of the city, where there was not much development. It was the least populated one. It was a shady area of the city. That black car kept going to the interior part of that area. People were smoking stuff, and I saw a few fighting on the streets. What is Erick doing in such a kind place? Is he in trouble? 

"Miss, do you want me to keep following that car?" the taxi driver asked in a concerned tone. I peeled my gaze away from those almost deserted stresses and looked into the rare view mirror. The taxi driver was already looking at me. I bit my lower lip in distress. I want to know why he is here. What if he is in some kind of grave trouble? I have to call the police if I don't find him. 

"Miss" Taxi Driver called me again when I didn't say anything. I took a deep breath to calm my scared heart. 

"Keep following it," I said after I made up my decision. He sighed and nodded and continued following the car. The black car stopped at a building. My taxi driver stopped the car at a distance. I saw Erick get out of it with some bulky men. They all walked into the building. The building was old, with broken windows. 

What business does he have in such a shady-looking building? 

"Miss, we can still go back," the taxi driver said to me when he saw them walking inside the building. 

"Can you please wait for me here? I will be back soon," I said while opening the door of the taxi. I need to follow him. 

"Miss listen–"  Before he could complete the sentence, I rushed out of the car to follow them. When I reached the front door, I saw them walking up the stairs. I saw people looking at me when I entered the building. I was still in my school uniform. I pulled my bag and shoulders back and walked fast with my head low. When I reacted up the stairs, I had lost them. 

"Where did they go?" I said, looking around. There were other people here too, and they stopped talking when they saw me. 

"Hey, who do you want?" a bulky man asked. He had a huge scar on his face that ran from his forehead to his cheek. My heart started to beat fast. I held my bag tightly when he started to come towards me. I got scared and started to run. 

"Hey, stop there," he shouted, but I ran in the opposite direction. He shouted behind me, but I didn't stop. I was scared, and it made my feet run in all different directions. I had been running for the past fifteen minutes to find a way out. This place was like maize. I heard a loud cheer coming out of the room, and without thinking much, I opened the door and entered it. My eyes widen when I enter that room. It was a fighting room. There was a ring in the middle, and people were surrounding it. They were all cheering loudly for the people who were fighting. I couldn't clearly see who was fighting. 

"I bet a thousand on Eric," I heard a man say, and my eyes were wide when I heard that name. I started to walk towards the ring without thinking much. The cheers started to get louder and louder. 

"Erick, Erick!" the crowd was shouting his name. 

"Rocky" was the name some people were yelling for. My eyes widen when my eyes land on the familiar figure. He is standing in the middle of the ring and beating his opponent. I kept looking at him with wide eyes in disbelief. My brain blocked the loud cheering voices. It's the reason he had those cuts on his cheeks and lips. He was into illegal fighting. As if feeling my eyes on him, he looked my way. His eyes widen when he finds me standing in the middle of the cheering people. Blood was oozing out of his lips and the corners of his eyes. His opponent took the opportunity and punched him. He fell because of the impact. 

A loud gasp left my mouth. Tears started to form in my eyes looking at the blood in his mouth. My whole body starts to shake in fear. His eyes were fixed on me. Another punch landed on his face, and a sob left my mouth. Tears started to run down my eyes. I had never seen people fighting like that. This whole thing was making my stomach twist in knots. His opponent was about to punch him again when Erick stopped him. He pushed him back and jumped back onto his feet. Before his opponent could attack him, he punched him hard in the face, knocking him down. A loud bell rang, and everyone cheered loudly. He did wait for a single second more and walked out of the ring. 

His jaw was clenched in anger. He got out of the ring and started to take threatening steps towards me. I wanted to run away, but I kept rooted to my place. My whole body was shaking in fear. He held my hand in his firm grip and dragged me away from the crowd. He pushed me into the empty dressing room, making me stumble on my feet. He closed the door with a thud, and I flinched in my place upon hearing the loud sound. He turned around, looking down at me with his grey eyes. He again took threatening steps in my direction, making me take steps back. It continued until my back touched the cold metal of the locker. He kept his hands on either side of my head, making me stand still in my place. A big lump formed at the base of my throat looking at his angry face. I was shaking in fear when he demanded an answer from me. 

"What fuck you are doing here?" 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 78 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 35.
Vote, comment and share.