Sapnap noticed him shifting positions every two seconds, but he ignored it.

At lunch, George and Jess sat a couple of tables away from Clay's group. He positioned his seat in a way to have a direct line of sight at Clay. He couldn't get his mind off of him.

Instead of eating his lunch, George sat and looked at Clay the whole time. When he saw Clay's gaze shift to him, he made sure to look over at Jess instead who was sitting right next to him.

"Where'd you get this chain?" Jess asked, her delicate fingers holding a gold cross chain that George wore around his neck.

"Oh um my sister got it for me." George lied. He held the cross pendant in his own fingers now and looked down at it. The night with Clay replayed in his mind yet again.

The gold chain was Clay's. He had put it on George at the end of their time together. George remembered how Clay carefully clasped the chain around his neck.

He remembered how it had dangled over him a few minutes before that. His heart throbbed, he missed him.

Clay had noticed George looking over at him a few times, but they never made accidental eye contact, which Clay was thankful for. He had the perfect view of him in between Sapnap and Karl's heads. 

"Dude I can't believe you got arrested at that party." Sapnap laughed as he chewed his sandwich, making Clay grimace.

"Can you chew with your mouth closed you child." Clay said to Sapnap, who chewed more obnoxiously now.

"It was me and like ten other kids who got unlucky. I was shitting myself it was so bad." Frankie said back. He had gotten to school on time for the first time that day.

"And you had a fake ID on you didn't you?" Alex asked. He was sitting next to Clay on the opposite side of the table as the others.

"Yea, of course they fucking found it too. I got it done for this kid on the football team and was going to give it to him at that party." Clay started to zone out from the conversation to focus on George, who was now laughing with Jess.

"How did you even get bailed out before your court date. Ain't that shit mad expensive?" Sapnap now asked.

"Dude, you're not gonna believe it but that fucking British kid George bailed me out. My bail was 6k too." Frankie smirked at the other boys reactions.

Clay now snapped back into consciousness of the conversation at the mention of George's name.

Friday rolled around far too slow for the boys who were awaiting another big party. This time, it was a college party rather than a kid from their own high school. Clay and Sapnap especially were excited to make sales.

Clay, Sapnap and Karl sat in the car outside of Alex's house, waiting for him to come out. He had texted them prior that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to go because he wasn't feeling well.

"All the lights are off in his house." Sapnap said while calling Alex again.

"Maybe he's asleep?" Karl suggested. His forehead rested on the window as he looked at Alex's house, his breath fogging up the glass in front of him.

"Let's just go, if he wants to come after he wakes up it's not too far away." Clay said, rolling a joint on the middle seat. He was nervous about running into George at the party, so he was trying to get high early to make it easier on him.

Sapnap finally gave up on the phone calls and drove away towards the party. "It's not gonna be the same without Alex here." He said, disappointed that his friend wouldn't be joining.