Prologue David

He fucked up. The ultimate scandal that has been sneaking around him for the past four episodes straight now, finally just bit this nice enough guy in the ass. Venom.

She never loved you back, mate.

Count your blessings there is a contract along with a scheduled date for this ending. Instead of months, or even years long of being swindled by a main course female. You can thank the television network for creating all your self-absorbed fans, the network's community of hyper obsessed with their own nonreality types that just made your final moments of fame adjust your bank account. Shout your blessings out to them! To us. To me, damnit! I can't believe this bombshell just dumped your ass at the alter on television! Joke's on you, and that hideous tie!

Checking my phone to see it's 3am, the rerun ending for him but the start back to my own reality is what I get out of these sleepless nights. Draining my muscles of any steam I had left in storage, draining me of any confidence I had left in my next steps, and draining my brain of any pieces of hope I had left that not every female out there isn't full of bullshit. All bullshit. Point proven...again. At 25, I find myself in the time of my life where everyone around me is settling down with their careers or partners or the next big dream off their generational wealth, and I'm over here in the corner still warming up. Living with my old man as my lifetime roommate above our hometown boxing gym while downstairs below for the daily grind, this is me, and it feels so anticlimactic. I owe it to my dad for making the move from Ireland to Paisley to buy this gym and create this future. As the youngest of three boys, most of my life revolved around the gym with them and my dad. Yet over time, after the paralyzing brain death of my oldest brother, Daniel, and a new calling for Declan to open a club, I seem to be the only one left with the family gem on my hands, which can some days feel like a daily burden.

As I turn off the box of hell, I return to my own kind of hell and slide back under the blankets next to the body that came home with me tonight. Erica? No, Emily? Easy is more like it. And hopefully easy come daylight when I kick her out.