Su Wen put on the sleeve guard; it stretched from her wrist to her arm. She then removed it and placed it on her calf, comparing it to see if the size was suitable.

Su Qing’s eyes seemed to light up. She took the finished sleeve and looked at it. “Big sister, your idea is good. We have a lot of such rags.”

The master had given her a few sizable pieces, but she was too timid to accept them. If she had known that her big sister could make such beautiful sleeve guards, she would have taken all of them.

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

“Can it be sold? If we’re caught, it’ll be an illegal opportunistic transaction.”

“Don’t worry, they can be sold. Let’s make a few dozen in the next few days and I’ll go to town to sell them.”

“How much can one be sold for?”

Su Wen wasn’t sure about the current prices, but she had a certain standard in her mind. “How much is an egg?”

“The smaller ones are 8 cents, and the larger ones are 9 cents each!”

Chapter 8: Cake

“Then we’ll sell these sleeve guards for 50 cents a pair.”

Su Wen slapped the board and urged her three sisters to quickly eat and shower.

After they had their meal and washed up, the sisters locked the front and back doors tightly and gathered in the back room to work on the sleeve guards.

Su Wen was in charge of picking out the cloth to form pairs of sleeve guards.

Su Qing specialized in sewing as she had good sewing skills.

Su Xiu had been working for the whole day and was so tired that she fell asleep the moment she got into bed. On the other hand, little sister Su was busying herself, full of energy.

One moment, she would be massaging her big sister’s shoulders and pouring her tea. The next, she would be helping her second sister thread a needle. Once the thread on hand was used up, she would immediately replace it with a new one.

The three of them worked efficiently late into the night, stitching a total of thirty pairs.

“Alright, let’s rest for today. We’ll continue tomorrow.”

Su Qing still had to go to her master’s house the next day, so she yawned and went to bed.

Su Wen was the last to sleep, but because she was the only one free in the house, she got up early the next day and went into the kitchen to make cornmeal cakes.

It was soft, sweet and delicious, and the three sisters almost swallowed their tongues.

“Big sister, what kind of cake is this? How can it be so delicious?”

“It looks like the cake that grandma secretly gave to Niuniu!” little sister Su said with admiration.

“Cake?” Su Wen was quite surprised. Did cakes exist in the countryside in the 1980s? However, this reminded her that she could make her own cakes and sell them!

It was not difficult to make a cake as long as there were chicken eggs, flour, and sugar.

She could simply go to the town’s blacksmith to order a few molds.

If the sleeve guards couldn’t be sold, she could make cakes with some money.

She remembered that when she was young, she lived with her grandmother in the countryside. She would often bring eggs and sugar from home. There were people on the street who would help to bring them for processing as long as they paid the processing fee.