chapter nine- Charles' POV

"We need to talk." Mattia calls me serious.

"Is everything alright?" I ask him. He doesn't say anything, but his body language says a lot.

"There are some rumours about a situation involving you and RedBull. I'm not going to say more about it because I'm sure you know what it is." He sits down, and I nod. "Christian talked to me about it. It's fine by them." I breathe out, a little less stressed. "But not by us. We can't accept it, Charles. I'm sorry."

I don't say anything, leaving Mattias office. Monza is getting more and more sad year after year.

"Hey." Max greats me, with Lando and Carlos by his sad. "Is everything okay? What happened?"

"When Christian talks to you, talk to me. See you later." I touch my ear, and he looks confused.

I can't lose Max. I just can't. I've always been pushed away from him by him and by myself. I can't make the feelings between us being hate and anger again. I can't put myself through that again.

A few hours pass by, and I'm already in my hotel room, waiting for Max.

"What happened?" He says after sprinting into my room. "They found out. And so what? It's fine by Christian, Charles!"

"Not by Mattia and Ferrari, Max."

"Fuck them! I'm not going to break up with you because of them. We're not breaking up Charles. I love you."