5.Sometimes, it doesn't matter if it is too soon

Start from the beginning

I was out of breath by the time we were interrupted by teasing hollers and cheers from the partiers in the garden and yard.

We breathlessly look at each other, feeling overwhelmed and mind-blown.

"That was the best kiss I've ever had," Kael stated softly, his eyes droopily dropping onto my wet lips.

I couldn't have agreed more.

I clenched my fist on Kael's shirt with a bright red blush while Kael tightened his grip on my hip. He did not meet my eyes as he looked away with a flaming face. I immediately let go of him, feeling embarrassed under the teasing stares of everyone.

"K-Kael," Natalie reminded us of her presence. She had weakly kneeled on the ground, her eyes pooled with tears.

Kael quickly took hold of my hand once again, so that Natalie could see it. I was still feeling lightheaded from that kiss, my feet wobbling a little.

"A-As you saw, Elara here is my girlfriend now," Kael stated in a hoarse voice.

Natalie looked like her life was torn apart as she sat on the ground, her eyes pained and cheeks wet with tears.

Damn, this was evil. I was feeling sorry for this girl when I was reminded that she was a cheater.

Why cheat on him if you wanted Kael so bad?
This made no sense to me at all!

"So now I would love it if I did not see you anymore," Kael finalized strictly and he headed back towards his house with me in tow as we passed the hunched figure on the ground and the giggling groups of spectators.

As soon as we got inside, both of us simultaneously downed a big glass of whatever drink that was available.

"Is she gone?" Lyn asked Elio who was watching me with concerned and curious eyes, but he nodded in answer.

"Finally," Lyn sighed in relief before looking in between me and Kael. "That was quite a show you put there."

Kael placed his hand on my shoulder, ignoring his sister. "Come with me. We need to talk."

I glanced at Elio with helpless eyes but he stood with a grinning Lyn, waving at me goofily as Kael took me outside to the backyard.

"Here," Kael handed me a jacket to cover me from the cold as he took a seat on a bench that was under a towering birch tree. "Come sit."

I nodded in thanks and awkwardly sat beside him, being careful to not sit too close. If I did, I would faint on the spot with his heat attracting me in waves.

He looked majestic under the silver glow of the moon. I knew the kiss we had was doing things to me, and that I was beginning to be attracted to this guy too soon. But that kiss...Oh My God, nobody has ever swept me off my feet with a kiss like that.

I wanted to kiss him again.

"Hey, uhm...I just wanted to apologize for involving you in my problems," Kael started, rubbing his nape; the nape I had grabbed onto while he kissed me passionately.

I shook my head and squirmed in my seat. "No, it's okay. I've had my fair share of cheaters. They are the worst."

"I'm sorry such a thing happened to you," Kael said, his gentle voice unfamiliar to my ears.

A tense silence prevailed between us after that and I listened to the beat of the music and the cheery laughter of everyone.

"Elara."

I became rigid in my seat, turning towards Kael slowly, knowing what would happen, knowing he was there, waiting.

Our hands reached out for each other as our lips met, smacking againsteach other in a rush, teeth clashing as we desperately breathed in, never breaking away.
He cradled my face and I placed my hands on his broad chest, claiming his lips, claiming back the kiss that I couldn't forget from moments back.