Chapter 1: Awards Day

Fuck.

Not only is it a stupid Monday, not only is it 6am in the stupid morning but it's, debatably, the worst school day of the year.

Awards Day. Awards Day topped off with double physics, maths and IT.

The weather mimicked Stiles' mood, dull and dreary. A thin vale of fog had settled along the horizon contorting the silhouettes of the trees and houses into barely recognisable blurs. The fog faded the vibrant colours of sunrise into muted greys.

This weather, however, did not change the fact that Stiles still had to go to school.

He rolled himself out of bed, fashionably late, as usual, all lanky limbs tangled in the bed sheets, and stumbled over to his wardrobe. He pulled out a creased t-shirt screwed up at the bottom, a pair of faded blue jeans and his favourite red hoody.

He ran his hands through his hair in the mirror in a half hearted attempt to tame the merciless spikes and packed his bag before brushing his teeth and making his way downstairs.

As usual his dad was dressed and already sitting at the table, which looked to be holding the entirety of the police station on its four rickety, wooden legs.

"Morning son" The Sheriff said barley looking up from his files. "It's Awards Day today, isn't it?"

Stiles shot his father a deadly look and made a deep groaning sound from the bottom of his throat.

His dad got the message and didn't carry on the conversation, apart from a quiet chuckle.

Stiles went to cupboard and pulled the lucky charms from the back, pouring them into his mouth straight from the box.

"I made you some fruit, in the fridge." said Stiles' dad, to which Stiles returned an unimpressed glance.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'll see you later." Stiles grabbed his keys and headed out the door.

Much to his own surprise he made it to school on time. He met Scott at their usual rendezvous spot by the lockers.

"Hey dude" Stiles said, startling Scott from his silence.

"Look at you! You're actually on time!" Scott joked flashing that smile that could stop a war. "Lydia and Allison are going to meet us here, I have their text books." Scott said.

"Sweet, how was your date by the way, with Allison?" he didn't really care, Scott always gave way to many details when it came to Allison, but as his best friend it is his duty to a least feign interest.

"It was so good, our best one by far, we..." Stiles tuned out so he wouldn't have sit through the torture of his explanation.

"Good, glad you had a good time." He said when Scott had finished his incessant babbling.

Once the girls arrived at their lockers, Scott handed over their text books and they headed their separate ways and off to lessons.

"I won't see you until the awards." Stiles said to everyone before they left "I have a pretty busy day."

"Oh okay, we'll save a seat for you in the hall." Allison said hugging Scott goodbye.

It had been just over nine months since Scott had gone all werewolf on him. Stiles had been dragged into a crazy, unimaginable world. Despite the ludicrous situation, it had definitely brought them closer together and they were practically family already.

They had been best friends ever since they were little, always there for each other, they went through everything together. With Scott being werewolf, Allison being the daughter of a hunter and Lydia being a Banshee, Stiles couldn't help but feel a little left out.