~ 2 ~

Saylor feels her stomach drop.
What? no, no, no, this can't be right. The girl thinks.
Everyone turns to look at her, Some with pity. And some with selfish relief.

"Where are you, sweetie? Come on up."
Saylor starts to slowly walk to the stage while two peacekeepers walk behind her to keep her from running. As she makes it up to the stage the blond escort grabs her hand to lead her to the middle.
"Now I can't help but notice your last name is the same as our Capitol darling, Finnick Odair. You are his sister correct?" 
"Correct," Saylor says her voice trembles And Her hands are shaking,
she feels like she is going to pass out.
She's looking in the crowd praying that a Career will volunteer. But nothing.. All she sees is people looking back at her with Sympathy. 
"Give a hand for this year's female tribute. Saylor Odair," Everyone starts clapping in fear of what would happen if they didn't.
"Now let's find out who our male tribute is Shall we?" the escort pulls out a card from the bowl of male names and opens the envelope.
"River Reeve"
A loud sob is heard
"No!! Please no!! Don't take my son away from me.. he is all I have!"A woman cries out.

Two peacekeepers are holding her back from running to her son. The boy named River walks towards his mother and hugs her while telling her it's going to be ok. Two more peacekeepers walk over and tear them apart while dragging river to the stage.
"Well here are our tributes from District 4. Go on you two, shake hands. "
River sticks out his hand for Saylor to shake.
While Saylor slowly brings up her right hand as her hand is still shaking. River sees her hand shaking and gives her a sad smile. Then shakes her hand.
"Happy Hunger Games. And may the odds be ever in your favor." Then the peacekeepers grabbed them and escorted them off stage.

Saylor is looking out the window in a daze.
The doors open "You have three minutes" a rough voice spoke. The peacekeepers shut the door after Finnick walks in.

Saylor turns around and sees her brother and she immediately walks over to him and hugs him. Finnick's arms wrapped around her tightly, afraid that he let go. his sister would disappear.
"Finn.. I'm so scared." Saylor lets out, slightly mumbled as her head is buried in his chest.
"It's ok Sayy, you've got this, ok? I'm going to be with you every step of the way. "
Finnick was terrified. But he needed to be strong for his sister.

"Hey, look at me." Finnick pulled back from their hug and put his hands on her face to make her look at him. His heart broke.

Saylors's eyes were full of tears. He hated to see her cry. Saylor didn't cry a lot but when she did he hated it. The last time he saw her cry was when their mom had died from some sort of sickness.
All Finnick wanted to do was protect her and keep her safe. And now she is going to be a part of the world he tried so hard to protect her from.

"I am going be your mentor. And I am going to do everything I can to make sure you are prepared. You are going to win ok? There are going to be a lot of eyes on you because you are my sister. They are going to want to know if you're like me, and If you're going to win like I did. You need to charm them so you will get more sponsors.
Once we step out that door the games have started. And you are going to be the victor." As soon as he stops talking the peacekeeper comes and tells them their time is up and they need to get to the train.

as they were walking to the train. Finnick and Cecilia are in front of the tributes guiding them to the train. there was a crowd of people with cameras and notepads waiting for them.
"There she is!!" someone lets out.
The crowd surrounds them. Separating the tributes from their mentor and escort.
As peacekeepers are making a path for them to walk through to the train.

"Do you think you will win the Hunger Games?"

"Have you been training for the Games?"

"What is it like being related to the Capitols sweetheart?" all these questions are being yelled at Saylor as she and River are being escorted to the train.
"Are you good with a trident like your brother??"
That question sticks out to Saylor.

While Finnick was training her. he tried teaching her how to use a trident but she wasn't very good at it. But during his lessons. She figured out she was good with a knife.

Remembering what her brother said moments before she stops walking and looks at the reporter and the camera they were holding and says "My brother likes to use a trident, but I prefer a different weapon." The reporter immediately asks "What weapon would that be???"
"I guess you will have to find out," Saylor says as she looks into the camera. Then walks away into the train. River followed right behind her.

>> Cecilia Laverne <<

"Well that was fun," River says sarcastically as they step inside the train

"Well that was fun," River says sarcastically as they step inside the train. The train door shuts behind them. Blocking all the loud noise on the outside.
"The Capitol already seems to love you" he states.
Saylor just ignores him and walks towards her brother and Cecilia.

"Crystal chandeliers, Platinum donuts.
200 miles per hour and you can barely feel a thing.
one of the wonderful things about this opportunity,
even though it's just for a little while. You get to enjoy all of this." Cecilia says with a smile on her face While gesturing to all the luxury furniture and food on the train. Finnick scoffs while rolling his eyes.

Seeing as no one said anything back she got the hint that they didn't find luxury as amazing as she did.
"Well then" the escort clapped her hands together and awkwardly started walking to the other end of the train. "I'm just going to my sleeping quarters and get settled"