さん

Chapter 3:

(timeskip again sorry y'all..)

(3 years later)

It's been quite a while since me and Naruto left the village to train and go on missions. I'm about 15 years old now, Sakura trained with Tsunade, and well Sasuke... Is somewhere still not too sure. It's been a while since I've been in the Leaf, lately I've been strung to a constant flow of ANBU missions. For the first time, rather than information about my mission via hawk, they want me to come to Tsunade physically. Must be very important, which is weird because I've been on many high stakes missions and they never made me come like this. But I'm excited to see everyone. I heard Naruto's on his way back from his training with Jiraya. It'll be fun to see that idiot again.

With a soft smile and a big heart I re-enter the gates of Kohona. It's both anxiety inducing and exciting. It seems different, I just can't put my finger on it. The aura of the place I suppose. The mix of chattering voices and the soft click of my shoes wasn't something I realized I missed so much.  A random pair of arms wrap around me

"What the hell"

"(Y/N)! What's up buddy!!" Naruto beamed, smiling huge and brightly like usual. It had been so long since I'd seen him last. He was like a whole foot taller and his hair was a bit longer.

"Naruto! Thank goodness it's just you. You scared me" I chuckle, wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him into a tight hug.

"Wow (Y/N). You look so different its been too long hasn't it." He says shyly rubbing the back of his neck smiling.

"We should totally catch up. I won't be staying in town for too long unfortunately.."  I sigh.

"Lame. C'mon let's go get some ramen!"

"Hn. You may be taller but you're still the same Naruto aren't ya?" I say chuckling.

"No! I'm way more mature now. You could say I'm like a big strong man now." He said trying to straighten his posture to look more serious.

"Hoping to pick up Sakura now aren't you. I see some muscles." I chuckle as we walk towards the ramen shop.

He laughed blushing as we came in. We sit down and he looks at me.

"You really think I have a chance now?"

"You never know, Sakura's matured  now too I'm sure. SShe might realize what she's been missing." I tease cheekily.

"I sure hope so!" Naruto smiles as he orders his usual.

"So what Have you been up to?" I say turning to him

"Who cares about that, you're the interesting one. You've been on a huge chunk of missions." Naruto chomps while eating his ramen.

"Eh. It's getting boring to be honest. I miss you guys a lot and it's a constant flow of travel. Enough about me, How's the training with Jiraya going?"

"Not to brag or anything but I'd say I've become pretty strong" He says beaming.

"(Y/N) can I ask you something?" He says quickly changing his demeanor.

"About what?" I say with a stream of noodles hanging from my mouth.

"Sasuke."

I sigh and look up.

"I guess."

"Do you think He ever cares to think about us?"

"I think he does, but it frustrates him. He wants to block it out so he can not only prove himself to Itachi but to himself that he doesn't need anyone else."