An Unexpected Meeting

Beginne am Anfang

Shin looked up at Beerus surprised, he had expected him to say no.

"That's not a problem." Shin said.

Beerus and Whis each placed a hand on Shin's shoulder and they were teleported to Beerus' planet.

Beerus led Shin into his palace to a small table and sat down, gesturing for Shin to do the same.

Shin bowed respectfully and said,

"Thank you for having me, lord Beerus."

"What do you need Kai?" Beerus asked, looking at Shin.

"Beerus, it's about the energy we felt." Shin said sitting down across from Beerus.

"What about it?"

"I want to consider the possibilities."

"Go on." Beerus said, surprising Shin with how much he was cooperating.

"Now, I know when you sleep for long periods of time, you have dreams. Premonitions, to be precise." Shin stated.

"Hmm? Where are you going with this Supreme Kai?" Whis asked curiously.

"Well, I need to know if you've ever seen a Kai in your dreams Beerus." Shin said, catching him off guard.

Beerus cut his eyes at Shin,

"Why?" He said sternly, which worried Shin, but he only looked at Beerus, waiting for his answer.

"I need a description." Beerus said.

"Male, 7 foot 4, light blue skin, long white hair, yellow eyes." Shin said swiftly.

Beerus' eyes widened and he took a deep breath. He cleared his throat and said nervously,

"Hmm, that sounds familiar..."

"I think so too, but I don't know...where..." Shin said trailing off.

There were a few moments of silence that followed after that, with Beerus staring at Shin, making him nervous. Whis was the one to break that silence.

"Supreme Kai, do you have anything else you wish to talk about?"

"Oh, yes. I apologize. Elder Kai suggested the source of the energy may be coming from the Core Crystals."

"Core Crystals? What are those?" Beerus asked.

"Core Crystals are magical crystals that can alter one's abilities every five thousand years. Increasing strength, healing, or even granting immortality." Whis answered.

Shin's eyes widened in disbelief. The Crystals granted immortality!

Beerus cut his eyes at Whis.

"Though the likeliness of the Crystals granting immortality are highly rare." Whis said with a chuckle.

"Whis, what are the chances of them granting immortality in their lifetime." Shin said urgently.

Beerus glanced at Shin, which didn't go unnoticed by the young Kai.

"Well like I said it's highly rare, with them only glowing every 5,000 years. In fact the exact chances, are 0.1 percent." Whis said calmly.

Shin sighed and said,

"The existence of the Crystals would be around 400 million years old today if they were not destroyed 50 million years ago, correct?"

"Precisely." Whis said.

"Hmm, at any given moment they have glowed they could have granted immortality, but the fact that they only glow every 5,000 years for short amount time varying from a few seconds to five minutes, it is very unlikely any mortal would have been able to get to them in time."

"I thought you said he was a Kai, that would mean he's not a mortal" Whis said.

"Well, he was an apprentice to the Supreme Kais at the time, he had betrayed the Kais, but upon finding out Zephyr was evil they removed him from being a god-"

"Wait a minute, did you say Zephyr." Beerus cut him off.

"Yes, I did, his name is Zephyr. Why?"

"...No reason. Keep going." Beerus said.

"Ok..."

Shin paused then asked,

"Whis, do you know if the Core Crystals ever granting immortality in their lifespan of 350 million years?"

"Not that I know of." Whis said.

Beerus sighed, he didn't know wether or not he should tell Shin this but...

"Supreme Kai, I had a strange dream recently, it may be connected to what you're asking."

"Really? You have?" Shin asked, pushing aside the fact that Beerus had actually called him Supreme Kai rather than Kai or short Kai.

"Yes I have. Do you remember Whis?

"Yes, I recall you saying you had a strange dream, but you couldn't remember it at the time." Whis said.

"What did you see?" Shin asked worried.

Beerus decided to tell him,

"Hmm, let's see it was...Oh yes, it was a cave, and it was glowing blue."

"Blue?" Shin asked.

"Yes, blue. I don't know why though." Beerus said.

"Is that all?" Shin asked tilting his head.

Beerus thought for a moment,

"Yes, that's all."

"Okay, thank you Beerus." Shin said standing up.

"That is all I need, lord Beerus, Whis." Shin said standing up.

"May I be excused, lord Beerus?" Shin asked bowing.

Beerus stood up,

"Yes you may."

Shin looked up and was surprised to see Beerus bowing back at him.

"Thank you lord Beerus." And with that, Shin teleported away.

"My, I must say, you cooperated very well lord Beerus." Whis said.

Beerus looked up and sighed,

"Whis, make sure that Kai is safe getting back to his planet. There's something important you need to know."