First Day

{1535 Words}

Their first day of classes did not go the way either Henri or Theo had planned.

Henri began his day by adjusting his doggy ear headband multiple times before leaving his room. He didn't want to look dumb.

Then, he put his book bag loaded with all of his pet supplies and new laptop onto his back. He was really annoyed with Yesterday-Henri for picking out an embarrassing light green book bag with little bones all over it.

Henri made his way to breakfast. He was able to get into the little pet area of the campus now so he could avoid the kiosk that served him fake poutine and criminal bacon. He ordered up eggs with extra bacon and was pleasantly surprised when it was real and delicious bacon this time.

For dessert, because who said you couldn't have dessert at breakfast? He got a maple glazed donut topped with bacon crumble. It was magnificent.

He then made his way to class. It looked like a typical classroom except one half of the classroom was a play area. There was a cubby with his name on it. The name tag was shaped like a paw print. Then, he sat at a desk.

The teacher was a strict man who didn't allow any talking in his class while he was teaching. One cow sub whispered to a kitty sub and they both got sent to separate kennels for timeout. Kennels didn't look fun so Henri vowed to never get into trouble.

The teacher taught the class about performing tricks for your Dom to get treats. Henri had thought only doggies did that.

Then, it was time to play. They needed to put their laptops away and wear their mittens for this. While Henri was at his cubby, the teacher came over to him. “And where is your tail?”

Henri looked at the back of his pants and then remembered the tail forgotten on his bed. “I forgot.” He continued to put his mittens on.

“Unacceptable. All pet subs need to wear their ears and tail outside of their dorm room.”

“Well, I forgot.”

“Kennel.”

“Why?!?! I didn't do anything. It's just a dumb costume tail.”

“It is not. And if you truly believe that, you might be in the wrong class. Kennel, now.”

Henri huffed. He went over to the kennel and climbed inside. As soon as he was in, his teacher shut the door and he wasn't able to open it from the inside. This was dumb!

His timeout was made worse because he could see all of the other pet subs playing and enjoying themselves. They were all behaving like the pets they were dressed up as and he wanted to play like a doggy too!

Finally, his teacher came and let him out. “I know this is your first day and you probably haven't found your pet headspace yet but we have rules for a reason. A doggy's tail is part of who you are now, if this is the path you choose.”

“Okay.”

“The correct way to address a Dom is ‘yes, sir’.”

“Yes, sir.” With more attitude than he should have.

“Because it is your first day, we will work on your attitude another day but you may go and play.”

Henri left to go play but his mood was soured now. He might want a Sexy Man Named Theo Wearing A Black Suit to boss him around but a dumb, depressing doggy tail was NOT a part of who he was.

He crawled over to the play area and picked a chew toy to play with. He batted it around for a little while before making sure no one was watching and tried to chew on it. The moment he had it in mouth another doggy came along and grabbed it with their mouth! Now they were playing tug of war!