Chapter 7 - Mysterious Evening

Making an excuse before the feast ends, Riley sprints to the dorm to get her trusty bag, just in case the night will take an unpleasant turn. She feels safer and more comfortable with her Graphorn and a few Chomping Cabbages. Grabbing the bag, she drinks an Invisibility potion and makes her way towards the Boathouse. It should not take her long. If anyone asks her about tonight, she went to the Library to get a book she forgot and got lost reading in one of the unused classrooms. No one will suspect a Ravenclaw forgetting about time and everything around because they started to read a book. Feeling her alibi is as strong as ever, she is now making her way through the castle.

Castle is very busy and there is a lot of small talk everywhere around, and they all have one thing in common. Triwizard Tournament. Completely unfazed when it comes to the event, Riley recalls walking this exact route before. It was last year during a scavenger hunt Sebastian prepared for her. She remembers the butterflies in her stomach and the thrills when she was making her way towards the Boathouse, unsure what would happen.

When she reaches the boathouse, she looks around and walks around a bit. There is no one there. Where is Sharp? She is not that early, is she? Maybe he's using an Invisibility potion as well.

When she stops at the place where she met Sebastian, the memories keep coming back and there is a small smile forming on Riley's face. It seems like yesterday, yet it was almost a year ago.

"Your turn. Give me your best shot" Riley remembers winking at Sebastian who raised his eyebrows and looked at her with an intriguing smile.

"You asked for it..." He paused and Riley tried not to break eye contact and stayed strong.

"Uh-oh," She whispered and Sebastian's smile turned into a grin as he moved closer to her. He stopped when there was only a small space left between them.

"Did you try to kiss me in the Undercroft?"

She definitely tried to sneakily get closer to him in the Undercroft. But he did not help the situation as well.

"You are moving your wrist too much. Here, let me show you..." Sebastian said and walked towards Riley, who was just standing there, trying to get the movement right. Never had she ever been this happy to make the wrong wand movement.

"Like this" He almost whispered into her ear as he guided her hand in the precise movement.

Just thinking about that time, Riley can feel shivers down her spine. If she had known back then how her relationship with Sebastian would escalate, she would probably not believe it. She is actually the girlfriend of Sebastian Sallow, who is even getting jealous when she talks to old friends, or when she, and everyone else, get serenaded by a portrait. If only she could be with him right now, rather than being in this situation. What are they even going to observe? Will it involve simply standing behind the ruins or hiding among the bushes and eavesdropping? Does not sound like Sharp at all. There must be something else.

"Punctuality is important and you're right on time," Sharp's voice echoes from the other side and makes Riley jump a bit, as she was lost in thoughts.

"Glad to be on time. So, what is exactly the plan, Professor?" Riley asks, trying to clear her head. She needs to focus on this, not Sebastian. Even though she would much rather focus on him. On them. Not this.

"Lake is the only place they are not keeping an eye on, so that is our way to go. And then we'll see. They shouldn't be difficult to find, anyway. The remaining Ashwinders, especially without the leader, are not the brightest ones," Sharp says as he looks at the lake and with a small wave the boat appears next to them. This is really not how she imagined her evening, but at least it is something exciting and practical to do.