___

The four of them had just come and sat in the lounge area from the terrace and were now bickering on what movie to watch tonight.

Alex and Xavier were talking hushedly when they entered, not at all expecting them to be gathered there in front of the entrance.

And suddenly everything went dead silent. They all stared at the unexpected duo that just walked in until Ailee sprang up from her seat and ran to him.

She jumped in his arms and he caught her like always.

"Slow down little rabbit, you're supposed to take care of yourself" he said quietly.

She smiled sheepishly and nodded.

"Sorry, I was too happy to see you here finally and.....did you both..... come together?" She frowned.

"Umm.... Yeah kind of...... " Alex replied.

"Also Lils we need to talk to dad for a minute. Can you wait till then?" He looked at Xavier reminding him about what they decided. He could see him slowly caving into her sister's eyes.

"Mhmm just a few minutes, Coco" he kissed her forehead and let her slip down from his arms to the ground gently, walking past her towards their father's office.

Ailee sulked but joined her sisters who were wiggling their eyebrows like crazy to tease her. She blushed and buried her face in the cushion.

"Mhmm Coco muah muah" Iris said in a fake manly voice which made them burst out laughing.

"I don't think I would ever get used to that man talking so sweetly, like it gives me chills for real" Mila said, dropping her weight on poor Ailee who was a blushing mess.

"Stop you guys" she mumbled from the cushion.

They all laughed and went back to their former issue.

___

Alex narrated a much innocent version of whatever happened but it still terrified his father to the core and it looked like he was holding himself back from crying by the end of it.

What caught Xavier by surprise was when he pulled him in a firm hug.

He was dumbstruck to say the least. The only people who touch him are Luka and Ailee but only Ailee has the audacity and permission to hug him.

His hands stay limp by his sides not knowing what to do. He can't fucking pick him up in a tight hold like he does to Ailee now, can he?

So he waited till he had his fill and he pulled back a minute later.

"I trust you with my daughter Romano. Please don't ever let her get hurt by you or by anyone else. If anything ever happens between you two then please bring her back to me with respect instead of leaving her in the middle on her own" he said gripping his shoulder in a fatherly manner.

"Rest assured Mr Laurent, she will always remain the top priority for me" He said it with confidence and it calmed his heart to no extent.

He smiled and nodded.

"Let's have some dinner now" he led them outside to the dining room. The loud giggling of the girls could be heard from the stairs who were helping their mother in the kitchen.

Xavier was slowly getting used to the homely feeling in their family and the thought of losing it in future made him uneasy.

How he wished he could have had this when he was younger but even his parents were hardly around let alone a bunch of loving siblings.