Chapter 1: Prep for Dinner

Sophie's Diary.

Tonight, we are going to have dinner at the Vackers! The whole friend group (Biana, Fitz, Linh, Tam, Marella, Keefe, Wylie, Maruca, and (UGH) Stina) are going. I am so exited! And nervous. What if they find out I'm sorta in a relationship with Keefe? ACK! Biana is most definetly going to give us make overs. But now Edaline's calling me to get ready. Cross that, she's telling me to wear a dress! Biana sent 3 dresses?! DRESSES! Can you believe it? I'm still excited tho. Anyways, I got to go!

Biana POV.

"BIANA!!" a crisp, accented voice yells.

"What is it?!" I yell back. I do not believe that this is more important than decorating for the party! Okay, it is just dinner with my friends and some of their parents, but still! Fitz is yelling at the top of his lungs, which is normal for him, so it can't be that bad.

"Get over here, I need help!" Fitz cries. I am on the 1st floor, he is on the 4th, and he expects me to help.

Dad sighs. "Biana, go help your brother."

I roll my eyes "Finneeeeeee" I reply as I silently walk up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BOO!" I yell into Fitz's ear. I had vanished and snuck in without him noticing, and managed to scare him out of his wits. He actually JUMPED! I thought it was a weird dramatic thing, but FITZ actually JUMPED! "I'm telling everyone." I tell him matter of factly.

He rolls his eyes like 'I don't care' and 'You wouldn't' at the same time. But we both know he did care and I will definitely do it.

"Anyways... I need an outfit that will make me look best at the dinner." He tells me.

"Well, that's impossible." I call over my shoulder as I stroll into his closet. I decide that he should wear a navy blue and gold top with black pants with teal designs. Of course, he has to pair it off with his navy blue cape. He has way too much blue in his closet. I had spent hours picking out outfits for the entire crew, and gave everyone 3 options. Fitz was the only one I did not shop for. He had insisted on it, and now he was asking me for clothes.

I walk out and hand him the clothes. Then, I skip out of the room calling "You should have let me shop for you, and you would be wearing much better clothes!" I can't wait for the dinner party!

Tam POV.

Linh told me about the dinner. Though, honestly, it couldn't be at a better timing, because STUPID DAD wants us to 'go home for dinner'. As if that wretched place could be called home.

I sigh as Linh runs to her room for the thirty-third time in the last hour. She keeps on trying to annoy me. She quickly runs back out (see?!), wearing a light blue dress with short sleeves. The dress reaches her knees, and is wavy at the bottom.

"Where did you get that?" I ask. We barely went shopping, and never bought that.

In response she says, "See for yourself!", and dumps some clothes on the table, then skips to her room. Again.

I glance at the pile. On the top lies a note. I grab the clothes and walk to my room.

Dex POV.

It's been miserable with the triplets.

Lex and Bex keep causing chaos with their abilities, and Rex keeps running to his room to cry.

I wonder if I could make him a gadget that imitated an ability? No, that wouldn't be good. I fiddle with some wires, thinking.

Mom chose that moment to knock on the door.

"Dex?" She calls.

"Yes mom?" I sigh and get up to open the door.

She smiles. "Well, you know about the dinner, right?" She is carrying clothes.

"Yes." Well, I had actually forgotten, but she doesn't need to know that. "What about it?"

"Della just came to drop off clothes. It seems she and Biana shopped for everyone. I suggest you try them now."

"Yes mom." I take the clothes from her, and close the door without another word.

Wylie POV.

I check over my list.

- Changed into clothes Della sent

- Folded correctly

- Pin securely fastened

- Tiergan and Dad know

- Correct facet

All checks. Well, except one....

"Dad, Tiergan, I'm headed to Everglen!"

"See you soon!" Dad calls.

I raise my crystal to the light and step into it, letting it take me away.

So.......

That was the first chapter.

I hope you enjoyed it, I'll try to get chapter two up next week.

If you have any suggestions, let me know!

- bye :)