Chapter Nineteen

I felt something cold hit my cheek with an ice sting to it. I turned my head slightly to see what it was. It was snowing, little flurries were coming down slowly. It honestly looked like something out of a movie. They descend from the sky so elegantly. If it hadn't been for the approaching snow storm I would have loved to just admire the falling flakes.

Masky slowed his pace and announced that we had made it back to the house. He opened the door and finally let me down. I stumbled for a second but regained my balance quickly.

"I have a spear drawer that you can put your extra clothes in," He told me,

I nodded my head.

"Follow me," He motioned his arm to follow him.

We walked down the hallway until we were at what I assumed to be his room. The house seemed much colder than I remembered. He opened one of the drawers he had in the decently sized vanity. I started placing them into his and folding therm when Masky spoke up,

"You might wanna go ahead and put on some warmer clothes, we don't really have a heater here so it gets really cold at night," He said a little apologetically, "Me and Hoodie can take the cold pretty well but I wouldn't think you could,"

"Alright," I always get cold, more often than normal people, so I guess he was right in a sense. I grabbed one of the pairs of jeans I got, a shirt, and a hoodie.

"Go ahead and go get changed, I'll make us some grilled cheeses,"

I nodded me head and walked to the bathroom. I locked the door and looked at myself in the mirror. The sight of myself made apart of my heart ache with the knowledge of what I used to look like. The dark purple bags under my eyes were still present alongside the scar on my cheek from the cut the rabbit gave me. My hair was a tangled mess, it looked like I hadn't washed it or ran a brush through it in weeks.

I looked around and spotted a brush sitting on the top of the sink. I grabbed it and wrestled with my hair to get some of the worst knots out. After a couple of minutes of torture to my scalp I managed to get my hair to a normal point again. I sat it back down and finally put on warmer clothes.

The fresh scent of the clothes put a little smile on my face. It was nice to know that I would be walking around in clean clothes. I turned on the hot water in the sink and clogged the drain. I couldn't grab too many clothes so I would have to make do with what I had. I pushed up my sleeves and grabbed my dirty shirt. I washed all of the dirty clothes and hung them up on the side of the tub to let them dry.

I dried off my hands and pushed my sleeves back down. I unlocked the door and opened it. A shiver ran up my spin with the cold that immediately swarmed into the bathroom. The temperature must have dropped by a lot in the little time I was in the bathroom. I walked to the kitchen where Masky was finishing up with the grilled cheeses.

He turned his head over to me, "I was wondering when you would get back," He said

I nodded my head, "Yea I washed my clothes while I was in there,"

"Ah, gotcha. Hey, could you grab two water bottles from the fridge?"

"Yea," I walked over and opened the fridge. I grabbed two of them and shut it, I sat them down at the table.

"Ok, grilled cheeses are done," He spoke and sat them down at the table as well.

We sat across from each other, the wooden chair had turned cold, I winced at the sudden coldness of it. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be cold.

"Are you ok?" Masky asked

"Yea, I just wasn't expecting the chair to be so cold," I explained

"You better get used to it, it's supposed to get way colder than this, and this snowstorm in expected to last for like two days,"