The Story

I called Nikki after what my boss texted. After two rings, she picked up.

K: Where is she living?

N: Where is who living?

K: Nikki, if you play dumb with me, I will go over there and kick your ass.

N: She living with me, Bri, and Deidre.

K: If she home, don't say anything about this phone call.

Unknown: You won't believe who I ran into today!

K: Is that Ashton?!

The call ended and I rushed over to Nikki's. I went through the door and saw Ashton talking about the run in. I ran over to her and gave her a kiss. When I pulled away she looked shocked. I took off my ring and shoved it in her face.

"This ring right here is your fucking ring! How can you not remember?!"

I was being over emotional but it's because I started to think of me always the one to get abused and my family trying to protect me too but they end up getting hurt also. I fall to the floor crying into my hands as I felt hands rub my back. I look up to find Deidre there. She was smiling at me. I started to crying into her chest.

"Kadence, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I wipe away my tears and stand up with Deidre still comforting me.

"Kadence, I swear if this is going to be like last time."

"What if it is like last time?! Where the fuck were you for the last eight damn years?"

"Where was I?! Where the fuck was I?! I was in fucking Europe in medical school to become a damn paramedic for my ma! When I was done with it, I was going to come home to reunite with ya ass but I fucking got raped on my way to the airport! A guy literally stopped my car and took me out, raping me in the damn alley! I had to stay in Europe for about 3 more years because I wasn't fucking able to support both of us! I had to have Bri come and get me! The reason I'm here is because I wanted to fucking see you! The last eight years has been hell for me because I never got to see you or talk with you! You were always so damn busy and we fell apart! I've waited for the day that I would get to see you but the day I do, you don't even say anything! You break down from being over emotional and you won't even fucking tell me what's wrong?!"

"Ash, calm down." Deidre said.

"Do you know what the fuck is happening?"

"Yes."

"Then fucking tell me!"

"Ashton, lower you fucking voice. We have children in this damn house trying to sleep!"

"I'm sorry. Could you please tell me?"

Deidre sighed and looked over at me. I nodded and Deidre sat me on the couch before standing up, facing Ashton.

"While Kadence was still in the first year college, this boy liked her. He would try to get in her pants and all that but Kadence was like 'no, I'm gay.' Once she said that, the guy began to hit her. She tried to get out of it but he wouldn't let her. Then one day when Kadence was sleeping, he forced himself inside of her. The next couple of weeks, she called me crying. I had Frankie take care of it because I had to take care of my little ones. Frankie lifted Kadence's shirt up and found lots of bruises. Frankie tried to stand up to the guy but ended up getting raped by him too. She took Kadence and left her at her house while she stayed with the guy, taking all the hits for Kadence. She then ended up going to the hospital after so many hits. She had broken rib cages and broken bones. She was re admitted to the hospital after giving birth to Emmy because the guy banged her head onto the floor. She was in a coma for about 7 months. She did all that because she wanted to protect Kadence since you weren't there to do it."

"So basically Emmy and the twins are sisters?" Ashton asked confused.

"Yeah." Deidre said for me.

I was still crying but I hear her talking to Nikki.

"What happened between you and Frankie?"

"Ash, we broke up because she got jealous. She saw that I had all these girls around me when I was touring and she thought that I would go to my playing ways and leave her. I visited her at the hospital every time she was admitted but she claimed that she didn't want to see me. It killed me that my girl was getting hurt because she was protecting her cousin. I would've done the exact same thing she did if it was you in the situation. Family never turns their back on each other even if they did. I have tried everything to talk with her but she won't let me. I want her back Ashton but I won't because she refuses to even see me."

I saw that Nikki start crying. I walked up to her and comforted her even though she was taller than me.

"Frankie loves you too but she just doesn't want to get hurt. You will have all these girls all around you when you tour and she can't help but get jealous. She tells me over and over how she wishes that you would give up singing just to be with her. It would make her happy if you did that but then she would regret it. She knows that it's your dream to sing and she doesn't want to get in the way of that."

"I would give up my entire career just to have her. If I was working and she wanted to see me then I would make time just to see her beautiful face. She's all I want in life and these hoes ain't gonna have a chance because I love Frankie Cervantes. She is the most amazing person in this world and I would give up everything just to be with her because that is how much she means to me. If I was hanging out with friends and she texted me that she wants to see me before she had to leave then I would leave my friends to be with her. I don't give a shit what she texts me because I would always go to her. I ain't a player anymore and it feels good to just be with that one person that makes you feel special and you never want to lose that feeling. Every time you see the one you love, everything else doesn't matter. It's just you and the person. Frankie is the love of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

Nikki finishes talking and we heard something drop.