Seeing Her

"Ebony, come on and get your clothes. We'll be leaving soon!"

"Coming mama." A little girl said, running down the stairs, "Auntie Bri!"

Ebony ran towards her aunt Bri while her mama laughed.

"Hey munchkin, let's get going. Aunt Claire wants to see her grandchild. Ash, you ain't leaving anything behind are you?"

Ash looks around and says no before leaving the house. She went into Bri's car and waited to arrive at the destination.

XxxxxxxxxxxxX

"Kadence, please help me out with AJ!" A voice screamed.

"Frankie, I would but can't you see I'm trying get my other little into the damn bath!"

The children's laughs were heard around the whole house. The front door opened and a voice called out.

"You home?"

"Auntie D!" A little naked girl said, running towards the woman.

"Casey!"

There were several groans as AJ ran down there naked also. Frankie and Kadence stood at the top of the stairs staring at the kids and woman.

"Deidre, can you please help us? We have been trying to get them in the damn bath for an hour. AN HOUR. It's so stressing! How in the hell did you give birth to twins?!" Frankie said to Deidre before turning towards Kadence.

"I didn't plan on it!"

"I know." She said, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Deidre brought the naked kids up and helped the hopeless women. She put both of them in the same tub.

"All you have to do is put them together."

"You could've told us!"

"I've been the one that took them baths."

Frankie and Kadence groan out of frustration again as Deidre took the little kids a shower.

XxxxxxxxxX

Kadence POV

After my babies took a shower, Deidre dressed them up and we headed over to the daycare so I could go to work. I was a private investigator. Work can be long depending on what the case is. It pays good money so I'm able to support my little kids.

"Hey Addi."

"Kadence, how are you?"

Before I could reply, another woman came up to the desk. I looked at her up and down.

"Excuse me, but I was here first." I say, aggravated.

"Kadence?" The voice said.

I looked up and saw her. My only true love standing right before me.

"Ashton? What are you doing here?" I asked softly.

"Mama, is she the one in the picters?" My kids asked, tugging on my shirt.

"Go play with the kids." I tell them as they ran off.

"What pictures?"

"There are no pictures. They go over to Frankie's and Deidre's too much." I lied.

"Oh. Well, this is my daughter Ebony. She's 3 years old."

"The girl with her hair up is AJ and the one that doesn't is Casey. They're 4 years old."

"What does AJ stand for?"

"Ashton Jade."

I blush and she could see it. She smiles at me and tells Ebony to go play. She finishes talking to the Addi before taking me outside.

"Why did you name a kid after me?"

"Just because your name is Ashton doesn't mean that I named her after you!"

"Right. I would love to chat with you but I don't think I would want to keep a married woman busy." She said, pointing to my ring on my left hand.

"Ho-"

"I can tell it's not my promise ring because my diamond ring didn't have much of a design like that one does."

She gets into her car and drives off. I stood there shocked because she didn't recognize her own ring. I snap out of it when I felt my phone vibrate.

Emmett (Boss): Don't come to work today. Your husband came into our building drunk and started destroying things asking where you were.

I replied back to him.

Kadence: Tell me you didn't say where I was. I have divorced his ass but he just keeps coming back!

Emmett (Boss): We didn't tell him but if you divorced him then why do you still wear the ring and why does he keep calling you his wife?

Kadence: It's not his ring. He's mental.

Emmett (Boss): Whose is it?

Kadence: It's from my old girlfriend whom I still love.

Emmett (Boss): Well you should go find her so that she can help you out with your mental ex husband.