chapter twenty four- christmas

Start from the beginning

"Okay well I know this house is real, he's shown me pictures of him and his siblings there over the years, and two I can't read his mind. But I'll be patient." I return the suspicious look.

"Maybe he is scared you'll reject him." My mom continues to fill the sink.

"Scared? Me rejecting him? I have no reason or any intention to say no. I hope he knows that." I go off.

"You should tell him that then." She suggests.

"That'll literally sound like I am the one asking him out though." I whine.

"Maybe it's not the worst thing in the world if you are the one to ask him." My mom says as she puts some dish soap in with the dishes.

I roll my eyes at her idea. I mean wouldn't it be weird?

"Come on Gen, it would not be the worst thing if you were the one to ask the big question. Try not to give a shit about the stereotypes." She gazes at me.

"I mean he wouldn't say no either, at least I don't think he would." I affirm.

"Why don't you go and text him?"  My mom advocates to me.

I agree and leave my room to text him, but maybe not what my mom wanted me to say. I was going to wait.

—————————————————————————-
Gen 🤪

My flight is soon 💅🏻💅🏻

Start the countdown!!!!!!

Quinn.🏒
already ahead of you ma'am

I'm so exited lol

be ready to skate too 😍

Gen 🤪
But it's Christmas vacationnnn, I don't want to have a literal practice 🥹

Quinn 🏒
too bad we are skating mark my words

😝

Gen 🤪
fine.

you'll pay for this.

Quinn  🏒
sure I will, you'll have fun  just wait.

—————————————————————————

you shouldn't  have pussied out Gen.

he might just need confirmation.

I'd seem too desperate, and I'm not going to sound like that.

I don't want to give him the ick.

Anyways, it was now midnight and I was pondering if I should text him again.

Why not?

"Just stop!" I yell out loud.

I quickly cover my might in an attempt not to wake anybody up, even though I already yelled.

Lucky enough for me, I didn't hear any footsteps coming from outside my room.

I exhale in relief and get out my blue diary with kittens printed on the front from my bottom bedside table drawer.

Over the years whenever I've been stressed about something I've always gone to my diary to write it all out on paper. This book has a lot of shit in it. Shit from the past eight years.

I grab the pen that I always left in it, and started writing on the orange-white paper that always brought me comfort.

Dear Diary,

It's been so long since I've written in you. The last time I wrote in you was sometime last year. Probably Christmas . Anyways I met a guy this year. His name is Quinn and believe me, a lot of shit has happend.

He is a hockey player for the Canucks. I KNOW A HOCKEY PLAYER. always been a dream of mine to be an NHL wife as you probably know since I've said that so many times over my life. Anyways he was injured so he wasn't playing. So he took the assistant coach job at UBC. That's where we met.

He had a girlfriend at the time, and to be honest she always seemed off to me. Like she's always been a cheater. Tests, boyfriends whatever she could get her fucking hands on lol.

Anyways they are long gone, and now Quinn and I are a thing. Not dating just yet. We've been having sex, and hanging out a lot, and spending time with him is amazing, he's a good man. He's hot as hell and is so sweet.

Since I skate competitively, I had a competition a couple hours up north from my university.

Guess who decided to be a gentleman and come up? QUINN. I know. HES A FUCKING KEEPER.

We aren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet. I've come up with the term very good friends with benefits.

I want to be his girlfriend believe me, I'm not just with you for the sex. (I guess you could've guessed that because I've been gushing over him lmfao)

I'm going to his lake house for a few weeks in two days. I'm really exited. We have some things planned. The only thing I'm nervous about is that I have to meet his parents and his two brother, who are also NHL players.

Will I be good enough for them? I'm shittng my pants, but once it get it all done and over with, it's rest and relaxation, and hey? I might make new friends that I keep forever.

Anyways it's getting really late and it's getting harder to keep my eyelids open.

This felt really good to tell you everything.

You know what? I'm going to take you to the lake house and back to university  to keep you up to date.

Luv, Gen

—————————————————————————

A/N

Hii everyone!!

I probably won't be posting for the next few days because I have a chem test tomorrow and then a biology unit test on Thursday so I'm going to be busy studying cos idk WHAT THE FUCK I'm doing 😎😎

Anyways thanks for all the support and I hope everyone has a great day! :)