The Great Encyclopedia

Start from the beginning

Hana (noun):
Main character of the Lost Cradle story. Female, Human, pregnant. Hana starts searching for the roots of humanity when she learns of her pregnancy.

Hiwa (noun):

The hiwjshi home planet 

Hiwjshi (noun):
The Hiwjshi are a gender fluid species from Hiwa, a binary system in the Sagittarius arm of the galaxy. Counted amongst the bipedal species (called "humanoid" by Humans in their ignorance), xe tend to tower over the average Human by at least a head. This effect is enhanced by xeir crest, a bony ridge running from xeir forehead all the way back to a point between xeir shoulder blades. It's usually a bright colour which is thought to be a clan mark, although Hiwjshi wouldn't speak about it to outsiders. Despite xeir tallness, xe weigh less than a Human in average due to a slim build and hollow bone structure. Biologically, xe are to be counted under the poikilotherm species and have more similarities with reptiles than mammals. Longlimbed, with an additional joint each in arms and legs, scaly skin with characteristic dark ring patterns. Spots on xeir skin shift colour depending on mood. Have three clawed fingers with an opposite thumb and three-toed feet.

H'ver (noun, individual name):
Spy droid of the newest generation. Based on nanotechnology, takes usually the form of a golden globe but can change form or extend tools if necessary.

Jangal (noun): 
The forest world, orbits Wahangu B. Wahangu A is like a bright star that can be seen even in the day.

JT45/12 (noun):
Binary star type - a black hole orbiting a Class C 

Kopoki (noun):
A blood sucking little creature on the Hiwjshi home world Hiwa. 

Latrodecti (noun):
Eight-limbed, many-eyed, spacefaring species with a strong sense of family (aka brood). Avid collectors of the weirdest stuff.

Makuy (noun):
Makuy is an older Hiwjshi, agent of the TAS and fierce rival of Sanju.

Nano, aka the swarm:

Telepathic entity (hive mind) composed of fish-nanoplastics symbionts.

New Sol (noun):
G - sun-sized, sun coloured star (yellow), orbitted by a much smaller red dwarf (Pandora)

Ngaro (noun):
Hydrogen giant planet orbiting a twin brown dwarf system, and home to various dive bars, dubious hotels and a rather excellent spaceship repair workshop

Obelara (noun):
A hidden planet from the novel 'The Lost Cradle,' populated by a secretive alien race which has worked for generations to carve acoustic tunnels into the surface in order to make a divine music.

Okkutta (n. pl. Okkuttai): 
A congregation of 836 Idea malabarica (or Malabar tree nymph), mostly white butterflies with black markings, that make up an adult human (with a slightly larger head) whenever a "stranger" is amidst them.

Ooblet (noun):
Intergalactic gold coin or bar, main currency exchanged in every corner of the Galaxy. The coin equivalent of a traveler's check. 

Paghūṛā (noun):
A habitable planet of the Asa system with a big human population. Bars and police HQ.

Plork (noun):
Hiwjshi insult. A plork is an unpleasant animal on the Hiwjshi homeworld, considered dumb and smelly.

Portal Network (noun):
A network of portals that provide travel across the known galaxy. Pairs of portals are linked by a process of quantum entanglement, allowing objects to enter one portal, then appear almost instantaneously at the linked portal. As travel is only possible between pairs of portals, chains of portals have been created to allow trade and travel between worlds. The nexus stations are important links, allowing transfers between different chains in the network.

Rinja (noun):
Hiwjshi word for baby, used as an insult by Makuy.

Sanju (noun, personal name):
A Hiwjshi of 83 human years. Xe is considered still young by a species that can live up to 300 years. Sanju's usual colours are deep purple with indigo ring patterns. If angry, xe will show orange spots, yellow spots when worried, when happy, xeir skin becomes almost turquoise.

Shozien (noun):
Tall humanoids, with grey -blue skin, either blue/grey hair and somewhat elfish features.

Sol (noun): 
G - sun-sized, sun coloured star (yellow).

Sol' (noun):
Star type G - sun-sized, sun coloured star (yellow)

Strawberry Mollusk (noun):
A space faring vessel of unknown origin. Many theories exist as to why it is pink in color and how it got so beaten up, but these remain merely theories.

Talált station (noun):
One of the sketchier parts of the Orion arm. Keep your weapons close, enjoy the noodles, and have a nice day!

Xe, xeir (pronouns):
Hiwjshi pronouns: xe - (subject) personal, xeir - (determiner) possessive, xem - (object) personal, xemself/xemselves - reflexive. 

Wahangu (noun):
Binary system. A small yellow star (type K, Wahangu B) orbits a much bigger blue star (type B, Wahangu A)