Friends. But he wanted more.

And wasn't that exactly what Hunter was doing? He wanted more, but he said we were just going to be friends. And I knew that.

So why did I agree to Hunter's offer of friendship, knowing there was a bigger chance I fell for him again compared to Matt?

I opened my mouth to reply.

"She's busy."

Matt and I looked at Hunter, who came to a stop next to me, impossibly close. He handed me the bottle of water he was holding. I accepted it and immediately felt guilty when Matt's eyes flickered to it. I had refused his drink but accepted Hunter's. Ugh.

Matt's jaw clenched. "And you are...?"

Of course he knew who Hunter was. I sighed. This was not going to end well, I just knew it.

"None of your business," Hunter said, pressing closer to my side. My entire body sizzled. "And you are?"

"Okay!" I said with false cheer. "How about that picture, Hunter? You and Scott need to get it over with."

Hunter didn't break eye contact with Matt. The two men stared at each other. Damn it. I discreetly pinched Hunter's side and pushed him, looking at Matt with a smile. "I'll see you later, Matt! Take care."

"Like hell you will," Hunter grumbled under his breath as we walked away.

I gave him a look. "Don't push it, Jamison."

He set his jaw and shoved his hands on his pockets. "Is he the reason why you don't want to go out with me?"

I rolled my eyes. "That's none of your business."

He scowled and looked over his shoulder in that dark, calculating gaze I knew all too well. The one followed by violence.

"Don't you dare," I told him.

"Do you like him?" he asked, coming to a stop near the ground to ceiling glass wall.

"There's nothing going on between me and Matt, you stubborn idiot. He's just a friend."

"If he doesn't know you don't drink coke, then he's not your friend."

I opened the water bottle and drank. It was either that or empty it on his head.

"He obviously wants to be more," Hunter said.

"You don't know that."

He gave me a look. "Right," he drawled out.

I could feel a headache coming. Spotting Scott nearby, I dragged Hunter with me. His hand was warm and a little rough. He tightened his hold on my hand, his warmth swallowing my skin.

Scott scowled when he saw Hunter.

"So, are you going to give Matt that third date?" Jason asked, a twinkle of amusement in his amber eyes. I swear to God, men loved gossip more than women.

"How's your girlfriend, Jason?" I asked.

His forehead lined. "What girlfriend?"

"Exactly. You never had a relationship that lasted more than two weeks, so stay out of my love life."

"How do you know how long my relationships last?" he asked with a scowl. "Maybe I'm dating someone right now."

"I speak to your mom, that's how I know." I turned to Scott. "Let's go."

I had to physically drag the two boys- yes, boys, because they were not acting like not grown ass men- out to the terrace. Hana and I had them pose a few candid shots, drinks in hand, and we had Jason in a few since everyone knew Jason and Scott were best friends.