Chapter 35

"You need to do this, Scott."

"Like hell I will."

"You will."

"Oh yeah, who's gonna make me?"

"I will."

"How? You're five foot two."

"Size has nothing to do with it."

"Said no woman ever."

Hanna glared at my brother from her impressive five foot two height. She managed to look down her nose at him, like he was a misbehaving adolescent. Which, to be fair, was exactly how he acted.

We were in Scott's house. His living room, to be exact, where Scott and Hana were having a stand off.

The subject of the argument was getting Scott to appear friendly with Hunter in a public set up.

At this point, the theories in the media about the two were so rampant, it was getting ridiculous. People really had nothing better to do. Or maybe it was because the altercation was the closest thing to a fight Hunter had had in the past two years, and people were just dying to see him fight at this point, wether it ne inside the cage or out.

"Hana's not going to win this, is she?" Jason whispered next to me.

I scoffed. "She totally is."

"Five bucks?"

"You're a millionaire," I told Jason. "A hundred bucks."

"Deal."

I nodded and leaned my head against his shoulder. This was going to take a while.

"So, I heard you're moving teams," I told Jason as Hana said something, pointing her dainty finger at Scott's chest.

"Scott can't keep his mouth shut," Jason grumbled.

I snorted. "If you wanted to keep it a secret, why did you tell Scott?"

He made a face. "A moment of weakness. Besides, it's not a sure thing yet." He turned his head and fixed me with his honey colored eyes. "Enough about me. I heard you and Jamison are getting chummy."

"We're not getting chummy," I grumbled. "We just... talked."

"You talked."

"Yes. About everything that happened back then," I told Jason. "Why he left and stuff."

It was always easier to talk to Jason about the past. I didn't know why. Maybe because we'd both been heartbroken at that time in our lives.

"And?" Jason asked, turning to look at me.

"And what?"

"Well, you talked. What's next?" Jason asked.

"Nothing. He's treating his pets in my clinic, so I'll be seeing him more frequently," I said, then gave him a look. "Don't tell Scott that."

Jason grinned. I jabbed my elbow in his side. "I'm serious, Jason. Do not tell Scott."

He huffed a laugh. "Fine."

"Anyway, we're just... friend."

Jason squinted at me. "Friends. Are you sure you can be just friends?"

"Yes, I'm sure." No, I really wasn't.

Jason gave me a dubious look, but Scott spoke before he could call me out on my bullshit.

"Alright, fine!" Scott threw his hands up. "I'll meet the fucker!"

I held up my palm under Jason's nose and wiggled my fingers. "A hundred bucks. Pay up."