Chapter 2

Pag labas ng grocery akala niya makakauwi na siya ng payapa, but no. Her father dragged her to the mall and bought her a lot of stuff na hindi na nila kaya pang buhatin.

Hingal na itinapon niya sa sasakyan ang pinamili. "Dad..."

"Yes? Let's go baby! We still have a lot to buy! Come on, stop dawdling." At hinaklit siya nito pabalik sa loob ng mall.

She was exhausted. Her father never changed.

"Dad! Dad...! Haa... I'm tired." Muntik na siyang mag collapse sa sahig pero may humila sa braso niya at tinulungan siya sa pagtayo. "Oops, sorry!"

Tumingin siya sa taong tumulong sa kaniya at laking gulat ng si Arci un. Namutla ang buong mukha niya at pinagpawisan siya ng malamig. Dali-daling nag-sorry siya at nag-thank you saka kakaripas na sana ng takbo pero pinigilan siya nito.

"Don't you have something to say to me?" Anito.

Napaisip siya kung ano ba ang ibig nitong sabihin. Umiling siya dito.

Kumunot-noo si Arci at hinila siya palapit, which made her blush. "Don't you have to take responsibility?"

"Re-respon—"

"Baby!!! I've got us tables!" Sigaw ng daddy niya na kumaway sa kaniya.

"It seems like it's not a good time. Let's talk later." Binitiwan nito ang braso niya at lumayas na. He went back to where Meguru was and saw him smile at her, hurt her a little bit.

"Hey, baby? Momo? Can you hear your daddy?" It annoyed her when he shoved his face in front of her. She pushed her away and pouted.

"Dad, stop it."

"Hmmm...??" Her father didn't stop, instead pinched her cheeks real hard. She winced and almost slapped him. She felt really irritated. "What the f**k." Her father was dumbfounded.

It seems like she made her father angry. His facial expression changed, it was as if he was about to beat someone up. He looked at her smiling, but his eyes weren't.

"What's this, Momo? Why are you being cold to your father all of a sudden?" He asked. "Could it be because of that man just now? Did I interrupt you, or something? Huhh??"

"No-no, it's not that!"

"Heh?" Anito pero hindi naniniwala sa kaniya.

'Ugh.' Binola-bola muna niya ito para mawala ang suspetsa bago niya itinulak papasok sa restaurant. Pero bakat parin sa mukha na hindi nagustuhan ang asal niya. 'Please hurry up and go back to Japan, dad.' Nausal na lang niya sa sarili.

/

Kinabukasan ay dali-dali na kinontact niya ang tatay niya na nasa Japan. Kailangan niyang magsumbong in order to kick his father out.

"Yes, dear?" Anang nasa kabilang linya. "How are you? I've missed you."

"Take dad home." Direct to the point na sabi niya.

Saglit na hindi ito kumibo bago sumagot. "Ah, is this what they call puberty?"

"No! Take him home! Please, father."

Her dad is currently cooking something in the kitchen and he already made so much mess. Nasayang yung mga na-grocery nila kagabi. So much hassle for that fried rice and scrambled eggs.

Napahilot siya sa noo. She wants to cry dahil sa stress. The small old man wasn't satisfied until he burned the whole kitchen up.

"Alright. I'll be there by tomorrow. Until then, please look after your daddy okay?"