𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Start from the beginning

You both stepped outside of the room, and you closed the door quietly behind you, letting her sleep. You checked the time.

"Is that the shitting time?" you grumbled, with wide eyes. "We gotta leave in just over 5 minutes"

"Help yourself to anything" you informed Sophie as you rushed away. She nodded, then made her way to the living room and plopped herself on the couch.

You and Mike continued to rush around, until you were finally ready. You did a quick pat down. "Purse, bag, keys, phone, lipstick" you rummaged through your bag, Mike doing the same. "Okay. I'm all good"

"Me too" he nodded. You slipped your favourite coat over your shoulders and fitted your arms inside, Mike doing the same. You both strolled into the living room to see Sophie sat there, munching on a cookie while watching Friends.

"Okay, we're off now" you informed her. She looked at you, only realising you were there, and stood up, walking up to you, swallowing the last bit of her cookie.

"I sent you a message of..well, things, you'll know what I mean when you see it" you told her, as she nodded in understanding. You and Mike headed to the front door, hand in hand, as Sophie followed to see you off.

"I already fed her about half an hour ago, and I highly doubt she'll need anything else to eat. Maybe her milk bottle from time to time" you informed her. "We'll be back at 8pm. That's 4 hours. You can handle that right?" you asked. She quickly nodded "Yeah of course, don't worry"

"Okay well, um, we'll see you later" you smiled, and she muttered a "Will do". She stayed at the front door as she waved you both off, and watched as you drove away. Once you were out of sight, she stepped back inside and closed the door, locking it with the house keys you trusted her with.

Sophie's POV

For the first hour of me babysitting, the little angel has been no trouble. She pretty much slept the whole time. Until everything quickly went downwards.

I was chilling on the couch, munching on some chips while watching my favourite romance movie, The Notebook, until I heard mini Y/N crying from her room.

Y/N had sent me a messages of all the do's and don'ts when it comes to her little ray of sunshine. She told me all the information I had to know. There was a message she had sent that had said: "She only cries when she needs her diaper changing or her milk bottle"

I had no problem with babysitting, especially newborns, as I am a nurse and I did babysitting as a part time job just to get some money as a teenager, so it would be a piece of cake. Surely?

I paused the TV then rushed upstairs to go see to her. I walked into her room, her cries making my heart swell up. As she had a dropside cot, I slid the gate down so I could pick her up easier. I did my business and checked her diaper, but surprisingly there was nothing in there. I changed it anyway.

Once I put on her fresh diaper, she stopped crying, and started..laughing? She looked at me with a mischievous glint in her eye, her cheeky giggles continuing. Did she cry on purpose just to annoy me?

"I see how it is" I hummed playfully. I carefully laid her back down, sliding the gate back up securely. Her giggles died down and she quickly snoozed off again. I quietly exited the room, closing the door behind me, then I jogged back down the stairs to continue watching my favourite movie.

About 10 minutes later, she started crying again. I furrowed my brows. Again? I rushed up the stairs anyway to go see to her. I went to go see in her diaper, but once again there was nothing there. And once again, she started giggling hysterically, taking the absolute piss out of me. She is definitely the troublesome type.