Chapter 20 : Escaping

Start from the beginning

He looked at you in the eyes without saying a word, seeing your sincerity in them. He then let out a little laugh, "Yes, you're quite right about that." After he said that, he smiled at you warmly, "You know (Y/N), you're maybe one of the few people who could say something like that, like someone I knew."

You replied, "You think so? I thought it was something normal for me to say

You replied, "You think so? I thought it was something normal for me to say."

Dazai's expression became more contemplative, and he spoke with a touch of nostalgia, "Well, in this world where everyone wears a mask, saying something so honest and accepting is quite rare. It's a breath of fresh air, really."

You chuckled, "Well, I guess I've always been like that, even before all this craziness happened."

"Indeed, you're quite unique," Dazai mused. "But enough about that. Let's focus on surviving this little adventure we've found ourselves in." He then smirked, "I have a feeling things are about to get even more interesting."

As you both waited for Chuuya and the man in black to deal with the "guests," you couldn't help but reflect on the bizarre turn your life had taken. The memories from Dr. Harrison's diary echoed in your mind, leaving you with more questions than answers. However, one thing was clear - you were somehow connected to this world, and the mysteries surrounding your past were beginning to unravel.

Little did you know, this was just the beginning of a journey that would test your strength, resilience, and perhaps even reveal the true nature of the abilities hidden within you.

________

Time skip

After some time you talked with Dazai, you took a nap due to the lack of sleep and energy despite your inconfortable position and the never lasting strembling of the ground, in which you gave in the face of the lack of sleepiness. Abruptly, the ground trembled even more fiercly, jolting you awake. "U-uh?" you mumbled in surprise. "Is it time to eat?" you questioned, stifling a yawn.

Dazai shrugged, "Unfortunaly, it seems it's not time yet. You should go back to sleep. By the time they finish managing their 'guests,' you will surely have recovered enough."

"You're right. I will follow your advice." With that, you prepared to drift back into slumber. However, it seemed someone wasn't on your side.

A voice echoed, "THIS IS WHERE THE BOTH OF YOU WERE!"

As you peered towards the source of the voice, you found nothing. "Uh? Am I imagining things now? I swear I heard Kunikida voice..." you pondered.

Dazai exclaimed, "Ah! Kunikida! It's been a while! How are you doing?"

Simultaneously to your surprise, the figures of a panicking Junichiro and an irated Kunikida materialized at the end of the stairs.

Kunikida glared at the both of you and began shouting, making you flinch by how angry he was, "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG WE'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR YOU TWO??"