Chapter 19 : Captured with an idiot

You felt cold and pain, sensations coursing through every inch of your body. The weight of an enormous headache pressed upon you, and as your heavy eyes resisted opening, an overwhelming itch nagged at you. Instinctively, you tried to scratch the irritating spot, only to find your hand restrained.

'Wait... Why does it feel like I'm tied?' you pondered.

Memories from the previous night crashed over you, exacerbating the headache. As the recollection of what had transpired hit you, you forced your eyes open.

In the dimly lit surroundings, you recognized the familiar underground of the Port Mafia, where Dazai had been initially detained.

'No, seriously? I'm in that underground?!' you thought, surprised.

'This is bad... when the Port Mafia is after you, it's usually not for asking you to a cup of coffee,' you admitted to yourself, acknowledging the danger of your predicament.

'If they're after me, there's a great chance they are after my abilities or any information I have. But this would be ridiculous; I came to this world not long ago. How could I have any useful information for them? I didn't reveal any information since my arrival and tried to stay low...'

Then, the memory of Dazai struck you, "Wait, where is Dazai?"

A voice responded, "Looking for me?"

Turning toward the sound, you noticed Dazai, chained against a wall like you. He smiled at your surprised gaze, "Did you sleep well?"

His presence destabilized you, and you stammered, "W-why are you here?! There's no reason for them to take you along with me!"

Dazai pondered nonchalantly, "Mmm, I think I know the reason why," then smiled out of concern, "But don't worry; I let myself be captured on purpose."

"You did what?" you asked, baffled

"I let myself be captured on purpose," he repeated.

You paused a bit at his words, "So, you're telling me you were conscious all the time?"

"Of course not," he said with a smile, "I slept since they chained us here until the time you woke up and back then, when we fell from your panther, I was unconscious for a little while." He then began to laugh, like he couldn't contain it anymore, "But, you sure know how to insult Chuuya! It was so funny seeing his reaction. You have really your way with words (Y/N)!"

You replied, "Well, I'm human too. When someone provokes me, it's obvious that I must retort twice," you paused, "Wait, so you're telling me since that time, you were always conscious?"

He nodded at your question, "Yes. But it was quite the challenge avoid being caught. Hearing your reactions along with those of Chuuya was so funny that it was difficult to hold back my laughter."