After they've killed a couple, a parachute comes down.

"Willing to bet who that one's for" Clove says, sarcastically.

Marvel grabs the box and opens it, taking an object out.

I wonder what it is. I obviously don't need anything right now.

"Is that?" Marvel looks closely at the bottle he pulled out. "Is that dry shampoo?" he throws it at me.

He scoffs. "We've been killing tributes all day. She hasn't killed anyone. But she gets a gift so that her hair can smell good?" he asks, incredulous.

"You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think anyone else has gotten a gift so far. But Three's had at least five" Cato adds in.

"Maybe if you guys were prettier, you'd get the same treatment" Clove says, defending me.

"Nah she was good eye candy for the first few days. But now that Glimmer's gone, I think I'm getting sick of little-miss-perfect. Don't you agree?" Marvel says, turning to Cato.

"You weren't so sick of me the day you jerked off to me in the bathroom. What, you thought we forgot about that?" I chuckle, holding onto my knife tighter. The knife ironically happened to be from a weapon set I received as a gift earlier, but that was besides the point.

"Shut up!" Marvel threatens me with his spear.

He chuckles when I flinch back a little and begins twirling his weapon in mockery. "Come on, Cato. You're not siding with this little whore, are you?"

"Excuse me?" I snap back, getting into an offensive position.

"I mean... I guess she is kind of distracting you, Clove. Maybe you're getting attached" Cato agrees.

"Right. So I vote we kill her now before Clovey here gets too lovesick and kills us in our sleep to save her" says Marvel.

"Try it. I dare you" I challenge.

"Oh yeah. What are gonna do? Throw your shampoo at us. But then how will you keep your hair luscious and clean?" Marvel teases.

Clove steps in front of me.

"If either of you makes a move toward her, I won't wait until you're asleep" Clove threatens, twirling a knife in her hand.

"Then I guess we'll kill both of you" Marvel says, lowly.

"All this over shampoo. Don't be so dramatic" I say. Everyone was in a sort of fighting position. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Maybe they'll calm down if you give Marvel the shampoo he was so jealous of. Clearly he really wants it" Clove mocks.

"Shut up" Marvel points his spear at her.

I toss my knife a bit to regrip it overhand. "Put the spear down" I warn.

Marvel scoffs and looks to my knife before smugly saying, "you first".

I look at the supplies Cato was carrying and saw a rope.

"Alright fine. You're mad because you think I'm useless, right? 'Cause I didn't kill anyone today?" I ask.

"That's one of the reasons, yes" Cato responds.

"Obviously the shampoo is the other one" Clove mutters, making Marvel glare at her.

"Here" I slowly approach Cato, showing I mean no harm. Then I slowly grab the rope from him.

"I'll set up some traps with this back at the lake. That way our base is safe and we can keep hunting without carrying as much stuff. Then when we get back, they'll be even more people to kill" I suggest.

The guys think for a while. "Fine, but this better work" says Cato.

"Or you're dead, Three" Marvel threatens.

I return to the lake to set up the traps.

At this point, I could totally just run away. Maybe it's better to leave this group.

But I can't just leave Clove with them.

After some internal conflict, I just decide to stay. I go through with setting up the traps and then go back out to find them.

"Did you do it?" Marvel asks. I nod.

"Good" he responds.

Clove glares at him.

After we target another tribute, who Clove kills this time, we go back to camp.

As we get closer and closer, a screaming female voice gets louder.

"Looks like you actually caught someone, Three. Nice work" Cato compliments.

As we get closer, I start to make out what the girl was yelling.

"Thresh! Thresh help! Thresh!" she yells.

"Shit" I mutter. It's Rue.

The boys run up to kill her and I run to stop them, but Clove grabs my arms and stops me.

"Clove stop. It's the kid. The little girl. They're gonna kill her!" I say, trying to pull out of her grip.

She pulls me into her and grabs me tightly so I can't get away.

I'm so close that I can see Rue.

"Clove please! She's just a kid. Don't you care?" I beg her.

"Of course I care, Toni. I just care about you more. I can't let them kill you" she says, kissing me on the head to calm me down.

I look and see them messing with Rue, while she looked scared out of her mind.

"They're gonna kill her. And it'll be my fault" I cry.

"She didn't stand a chance anyways, Toni. Just don't look" she whispers assuringly, but I can't look away.

I hear Rue's bloodcurdling scream as Marvel spears her in the stomach.

Her scream fills me with so much anger that I manage to break out of Clove's hold.

"Toni, wait!" she yells, running after me.

Marvel celebrates with Cato, only fueling my anger.

Marvel turns and sees me, not noticing my anger.

"Congrats, Three. You finally killed someone toda—" before he can finish, I stab my knife into his chest.

He starts making choking sounds. "Looks like I killed two" I say, pulling my knife out.

I could've killed him from further away. But this was more personal. Like how he deserved it.

It was as if all the regret I felt for all the people we killed had come back to me in the moment that I decided to kill him.

His cannon goes off and I run to Rue. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault" I apologize, holding her.

"It's okay" she manages to say.

I nod. "You're okay. You're okay" I comfort her.

"I see you took our food" I chuckle through my tears.

"Every bit of it" she says with a smile.

"Good" I smile back, still crying.

"Toni! Toni we have to go!" Clove yells, running to us.

"Go. Good Luck" Rue says, on the verge of death.

I nod and kiss her on the forehead.

"You're dead, Three!" I hear Cato yelling at us, managing to cut me in the thigh with his sword.

Clove pulls me away and we run for our lives, as I try to ignore the pain in my leg. I hear Rue's cannon go off but don't stop running.

Clove turns around to throw a knife at him, but he has some sort of shield.

"You think you can kill me that easily? You're both dead!" he yells.

We keep running through the forest and end up losing him.

From my count, there are only 7 people left. A third of the people who came in. Me, Clove, Cato, Lumen, Thresh, Foxface, and the guy from 10.