17

Satan

The last time I spoke with my family was months ago. Of course, I still see my brother often and he constantly makes jokes and harasses Angel. Today, Angel takes me to the police station to fill out a report regarding my dad's sexual assault.

It's a big and scary step, one that's going to take more courage than I have but I have to do it. "He can't just leave you with so much trauma and get away with it," is what Angel said. She's right, letting that man who's been touching me since I was nine get away with it will forever haunt me and I'll regret it.

So here we are, waiting in the waiting room to talk to an officer. "What if there's nothing they can do?"

"What do you mean? Of course, there is."

"They could say that I'm lying, there is no evidence."

"Are you lying?"

"No, but they don't know that. I have no proof," I sign, feeling doubtful.

"Baby, I know it's hard but I'm here and we're going through this together. Okay?"

"Okay."

———
A little while later, Angel and I are at home. It's almost the end of school, it's May now. Angel says it's now or never because I won't be able to do anything during college. Angel talks me through certain things and what we should do when they contact us. "I'm scared."

"I know, Light. It's going to be okay. I'm going to be here the whole time, I'm not going anywhere," she says, I smile and her comforting words and hug her. I sigh into her embrace, feeling her warm body on mine. I unexpectedly began to cry into her arms, my tears falling on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay."

I just cry even more, I don't know if I'm in pain or afraid. Either way, I can't stop crying. My body shakes against Angel and I hold her tighter while she comforts me with her words and kisses.

I separate from her hug when I calm down and kiss her, thanking her for the reassurance. I wipe my tears and smile lightly at her. "Why don't we go somewhere?"

"Where?"

"Mmm, what about...the mall?" she asks. "We haven't been there in a while."

I nod my head and we get up to get ready. Angel wears white flare jeans and a green crop top. I wore a black shirt and cargo pants, plain but whatever. We leave for Angel's car where she stops me. "Do you wanna drive?"

"I haven't driven in a while but I can."

"Yeah, just don't kill us," she laughs and hands me the keys. I get the driver's seat and Angel in the passenger. I haven't driven this type of car, so I take a moment to locate everything not wanting to be the cause of some accident.

After taking in the car, I start it and back up out of the driveway. "Here, I'll put the direction in to make it easier. She uses the screen inside the car and puts in the mall's address. I follow the directions with no trouble getting to the mall.

We parked in the parking lot and left. "Okay, I wanna go to Bath & Body Works first." I nod to what she's saying and she explains where she wants to go. I listen intently to every word until we get inside. Holding hands, we make our way to the first store, Bath & Body Works.

The instant smell of all candles, body sprays, soaps, and hand sanitizers hit my nose. Angel seems to know where she's going, as she drags me to the body sprays. "Smell this," she demands after smelling it herself. "Is it good?"

I shake my head. It smelled absolutely horrible.

"What about this one?" she continued to make me smell things until my head started hurting. She bought about 3 sprays, a body wash, one soap, and a couple of hand sanitizers. She bought me a spray as well, the one I usually get. "You didn't have to buy me anything."

"My treat," I shake my head. I got a job recently working as a dog walker. I don't have to talk so it works perfectly. Which means I have money, so Angel doesn't have to pay for me. She ends up doing it anyway, which I now know why.

I used to think it was because she felt bad for me but it's just her love language.

Next place is Victoria's Secret. "I need a new bra."

We go to the bra section and Angel looks at the bras. She picked them up and put them against her chest. She ends up picking over 6 to try on in the dressing room. "Maybe I should get a set. What do you think?"

I wanna leave.

I shrug my shoulders. We walk to the dressing room, Angel tells the girl her name and she leads us to a room. We both go inside, and Angel starts to take her shirt off. "Help?"

I help her with taking off her bra and she slides it off. Her boobs stare back at me for a split second until she puts her first bra on.

I enjoy looking at her boobs as she tries each bra. Eventually, she ends up picking two of the six and pays.

We stop at the food court, getting something to eat. Panda is the choice we make, so we get our plates and sit down. "Okay, so I was thinking we could look at Forever 21 next? Is there anywhere you wanna go?"

"Home." I joke and she frowns. "I'm joking."

"Right, is there anywhere?"

"No. I'll just continue to follow you around like a lost puppy," she shakes her head and laughs. We continued to eat our meal, orange chicken, fried rice, chow mein, etc. We finish a while later and head to the next store.

Going inside, my eyes immediately land on her. My stomach begins to hurt and I feel nauseous. "What's wrong?" Angel says, looking at me with worry. She follows my eyes and she sees her too.

Izzy.

My breath hitches as I remember how she made me feel in that bathroom, trapped, unheard, unsafe, scared, and anxious. Before anything she sees us, her eyes look scared. Her face flushes with red as she turns away and gets out of our sight. "Let's go, Light."

Another day was ruined because I couldn't stop being scared of everything.

Why does she stay?

(A/N: BECAUSE SHE LOVES YOU, S. Her character honestly breaks my heart 😭)