Trying To Help Old Habits

Amity didn’t feel like eating dinner that night. She ate breakfast that morning so it felt wrong to eat dinner. She usually only gave herself one meal a day. She would give herself two meals if she was to work out. So she sat in one of the beanbags that they put in the cabin, clutching her stomach. It hurt and rumbled. She could feel how empty her stomach was.

Suddenly, she heard the door open and quickly sat up and made herself look presentable. She looked over to see who came through, and saw Luz and Camila.

“Amity, we need to talk.” Luz started. Amity’s eyes widened. “Is she going to break up with me?” she thought. This was it. It was probably because she wasn't good enough or thinner. She was so weak. Luz hated her now because of her pathetic antics.

“I- I can be better! I’ll push myself more!” Amity started to rant and prove herself.

“Hold up, before you go on, let me and Luz talk to you first,” Camila interrupted her, pulling up a chair to sit in. Luz sat next to her girlfriend on the same beanbag.

“We’ve been noticing some… concerning behaviors in your diet, Amity,” Camila started. Amity grasped Luz’s hand, tightly.

'Oh no. They found out,' Amity thought as her face visibly turned paler.

"I'm gonna get straight to the point. Amity, we think you have an eating disorder," Luz said.

"No! I don't! I'm perfectly okay!" Amity interrupted loudly and defensively.

"Calm down, Cariño. You're not in trouble," Camila assured her in soft and calm voice.

"I-I'm not?" Amity looked up in disbelief.

"No, sweetheart, you're not. We're just really worried about you. I'm sure you already know how dangerous it is but I'm going to warn you about it anyway. You could get really sick from this, Amity. It's not fun nor healthy. Do you like going to the hospital, sweetie?" She asked. Amity shook her head no.

"If this keeps going on, you could end up there. Do you have mental facilities on the boiling isles?" Camila questioned kindly.

"Mhm… but Mo- Odalia told me that's where crazy people go! And, And, I'm not crazy! I swear!" Amity yelled, her voice cracking and a tear or two rolling down her face as she tried hard to assure them that she wasn't insane.

"Amity, Batata, Odalia physically and emotionally abused you. Do you trust her after all that?" Luz looked at her girlfriend with worry. She knew about some of the trauma that Odalia ensured onto her and wanted to help as much as she could when little pieces of it would show. Like trying to prove herself for everything.

Amity looked up at Luz in realization.

"Sweetie, mental hospitals are just like normal hospitals except, instead of focusing and healing on physical health, they focus and heal mental health. Lots of people like you got to these," Camila tried comforting the girl.

Amity shifted a little uncomfortably but still listened. Everything her mom- Odalia had told her was all a lie. It made her feel weird. She hated Odalia and didn't like her, but at the same time, she felt hurt that she would lie to her like that.

"I have an idea, Amity. But it's only going to work if you accept my help. Me and Luz are going to try to help you. If you don't get any better by the time you get back to the Isles, I think it's best that you spend a little time at a mental facility. We have a few good ones here, don't worry," Camila said.

Silence filled the air until a soft, choked sob could be heard coming from the purple haired girl. Luz hugged her and rocked her body. Amity dug her face into Luz's arms and continued to cry. Everything was too much for her to process. She was getting overwhelmed by guilt and shock.

Camila got out of her chair and kneeled in front of Amity. She rubbed her knee gently to provide a little comfort. Her soft sobs grew louder as the unknown feeling of parental love grew in her heart. She never realized how much she wanted a mother. This unknown feeling was overwhelming but also felt good. Camila mistook the louder sobs as a bad thing and pulled her hand off her knee. However, Amity did something she rarely did. She reached out for comfort. Pulling a hand off of Luz's arm that her face was buried in, she reached it towards Camila. Luckily, the mother realized what she was doing and decided to go in for a hug, too.

Soon enough Amity began to calm down. The witch was now finishing her processing and was less overwhelmed by all of it.

"So, will you trust us and let us help?" Luz asked when she was okay. She wanted to help but didn't want to push Amity. It's not like they really had a plan if she said no.

"N-no, I'm sorry, I'm not ready… for help. It feels weird to get it," Amity answered. It took her so long to just ask for help with the laundry or even help with her clothes. One time, her overall skirt ripped and she got enough courage to ask Camila to help her sew it. She could've asked Hunter but she didn't trust him with her clothes.

"Hey, it's okay. Would it be better if you don't eat during meal time? We could bring you small snacks every once in a while?" Camila came up with the idea.

Amity didn't really want help but also didn't want to get sick. When she gets sick, it's like her body is in hell. She hates being sick so she decided to agree with a little bit of it.

"I- I think so. Is it okay if I were to deny it one time?" Amity asked.

"Of course it would be okay. As long as you eat at least something small every day, then everything is fine," Camila answered. She didn't want to push the girl because she knew it could cause more harm than good.

Awkward silence filled the room again as everyone looked at Amity. It made her uncomfortable, but she didn't feel like saying that out loud.

"Well, I guess this talk is done now. Do you want to be alone right now?" Luz asked the witch.

"If it's okay, I-, I," Amity then mumbled something very quietly that they couldn't hear.

"I'm sorry, but we couldn't hear you," Camila pointed out.

"I wanna cuddle with s'me one…" she whispered in embarrassment. Her face went a little redish pink, too.

Luz gasped as an idea came into her head.

"Let's have a cuddle party!" She announced.

"Are you okay with that, sweetie?" Camila asked. Amity nodded. She actually really wanted mom hugs and mom cuddles. She hasn't had them but always got jealous when she saw Willow and her dads cuddling with her or hugging her.

Luz smiled and scooped Amity up, just like their grudgby incident. She squeaked but then relaxed in her arms. Camila led them to the house and in her bedroom, where they put on a funny TV show and gave Amity all the comfort and cuddles she deserved.