When did we Marry?

Vikas POV

Rhea started going to office 2 days after aunty's funeral. She seems to be very busy but she has always time for Nidhi, make sure she is eating properly, helps with with reading. I offered to help Nidhi with studies since Rhea seemed to be busy. Something is bothering Rhea, she is on phone, shouting, arguing with someone... sometimes I find her crying in back porch at nights. I wanted to comfort her but I couldn't muster courage. She barely speaks to me that too when absolutely needed, doesn't even come in front of me. Till three years ago she used to be around me always, though I tried my best to stay away. She used to annoy me by calling at least 4 times a day, telling every damn detail of her day. she doesn't care even when I scold.

It's been 11 days since Sneha aunty's funeral. Today we performed 11th day prayer meeting at home with few of family friends. Rhea took care of all the arrangements, didn't take my help. Today Rhea looked so vulnerable, I couldn't sleep, wanted to talk, comfort her. After lot of internal arguments, I decided to talk to her, break the walls between us. She wasn't in her room I heard her voice from Nidhi's room

"You need to be strong Nidhi, you have Vikas and me. Ammamma thathayya(grandma and grandpa) will be always with us, watching over us. They will be sad to see their granddaughter cry,  will scold me for not taking care of my daughter"

I peeked through the door, Nidhi is laying on bed with her head in Rhea's lap, Rhea is carassing her hair, lovingly. She looked like a mother consoling daughter.

"Let's go with dad" Nidhi asked after sometime

"I can't Nidhi, I have to take care of everything here..."

"Please let me tell dad about marriage mom, we all can live together as happy family"Nidhi said. Marriage? What marriage? 

"I made a mistake.. love is a feeling, it can't be forced... don't worry, he will marry someone best who would love him and you so much" she said holding back tears. I could see pain in her eyes

"What about you mom? You are wearing his thali all these years, you love him so much. You are the best... no one can love him like you... I don't want anyone...let's tell him about marriage"

Rhea loves me? What are they talking? When did I marry Rhea?

"You swore on me Nidhi, if you want our happiness, forget about our marriage... we both are opposite poles..."

"Sleep Nidhi, I want to spend sometime in mom's and dad's room..."

"At least take dad's help mom, tell him about this house auction..."

"I don't want his help Nidhi, this is my problem... let me handle..."

"How will you arrange money? Your accounts are freezed, can't sell shares or property without marriage...That Nirav Chopra is doing everything to marry you..."

What is Nidhi talking? This bungalow is going to be auctioned? Rhea is in financial crisis? Why didn't she tell me?

"I don't want Vikas to think I'm incapable kid... I can handle... I will try with everything I have...This is not just bricks, it's my life...my parents were married, I was born and grown up here, met you and Vikas...don't think too much... your mother is as strong as your dad... remember I'm a super woman...close your eyes and sleep.." Rhea got up from bed. Nidhi held her hand "mom, I don't know if dad is super hero but you are really super woman. I love you mom"? Rhea kissed Nidhi's forehead, I hid behind the pillar. Rhea walked to her parents, took their picture from wall hugged and started to cry.

"I'm sorry dad, I let you down... Im trying my best but I may not be able to save this house... why did you add clause that I can't sell any property without marriage? Nirav is obsessed with me... he is destroying everything around me, making me helpless dad... I'm trying my best to face the problems but I'm loosing hope... why did you both leave me? I'm so..." her voice stopped abruptly. I rushed inside, Rhea is snoring lightly, photo frame fell on bed from her hands.