4. The business partner

Depuis le début

Cautiously checking around a corner Ainz saw the customer looking through the pile of books he left. A small smile placed on his face as he read. Even though the boy was smiling ainz couldn't help but see a deep emptiness in his hazel eyes. Once he saw them he knew those were the eyes of someone who had no direction in life. A person with no real purpose but to wake up everyday and walk to work without much thought. Only to find that the job your job your working is killing your soul far to late.

The perfect customer in ainz' eyes.

He was chuckling at the pile as he looked through the covers. All the while not noticing Ainz approaching the counter. Not wanting to disturb the boy from his reading he stayed as quiet as possible. Until he was infront of the boy, the boy seemed transfixed on a particular book. From what ainz saw it was a dinky tutorial book that one of his friends wrote to put in the grand library of nazerick. It was a 5 part series that talked to the reader on how to become a wizard.

It was not anything special he'd rate a 5 out of 10. Since it is just a guide of things he already knew and it's first volume is hard to understand unless you skip it to read the second book. But it is a okay read on the arcane arts that the guild made up. Though it did not provide any new information it did warm Ainz' non existent heart at the memory of his friends.

Not wanting to keep a paying customer waiting ainz decided to greet the boy.

"Greetings dear customer"

At his words the boy jumped in surprise at the sudden greeting. To the point he almost dropped the book as it fumbled in his hands. After a moment of silence Ainz introduce himself.

"My name is Ainz ooal Gown, how may I help you this fine evening"

Ainz said in a overly welcoming tone to try to put the boy at ease. For the most part it seemed to work since the boy body loosened. The boy wore a red and black school uniform with the Arasaka logo on his chest. He had a strange lookimg hair cut with spikes atop and a hard fade on the side. He looked odd in the uniform like someone put a ferret in a overly small tuxedo.

"Oh uh no I'm just looking around"

The boy said as he looked up to him sizing him up. 'Strange isn't he from the academy' thought ainz as he shifted in his robes a bit. 'They have a lot of money from what I heard' he thought looking around the store. 'And I  do need to drum up a bit more business' Ainz rubbed his chin 'it may sound a bit scummy but damn it!! I want to sell atleast sell one book' a determined aura came over him. As he prepared to try to haggle the poor kid and maybe get rid one or two of those stupid Arasaka lessons he bought.

Initially Ainz bought them to try and bring in customer. Trying to cash in on the school year by offering lessons but the bastatds had the nerve to update their curriculum. So not wanting to waste any of their low funds Ainz had his 'trash patrol' as he liked to call them search the cites streets and dumpsters for a up to date lesson so he can compare the two. The trash patrol was a group mainly consisting of low tier undead beasts he created mainly rats. So after a day searching the trash patrol brought him three small braindance chips.

So he fired them up with his modified brain dance hardware he stole from a collector and looked through them. Only to find that they were essentially the same lesson. They were all the same even down to the crappy peaceful meadow that the students lie in. Unfortunately for ainz he had no way of feeling whats in the brain dance since the machine he used was ancient. So admittedly he was throughly annoyed so he decided it would best to not try to keep up with school trends.

"I see that you are intrested on a book on the arcane no?"

Ainz said as he walked out from behind the counter.