evermore, rep & lover

rep
lover's here already. she looks worried, really worried. my eyes are red with tears, i just know it. she walks up to my sofa where im sat, slowly & calmly. she sits next to me. she asks me if im okay. i dont respond. i dont know how to.
"hey," she whispers softly, "whats the matter?"
i let out a splutter, 'midnights'.
"mhm," she mumbles reassuringly.
"and 1989." cough. "they dont want to talk to me anymore."
theres a short pause which feels like forever.
"what?? what do you mean? why??"

"they think i hit her."
another pause, although this one as long as it feels.
lover stands up and walks away, swearing under her breath. shes stressed? worried? no, oh no. shes angry. wow. ive never seen lover... angry before? lover and angry... they feel wrong in the same sentence.. i almost smile. it's kinda funny. i dont know why.

evermore walks in quietly, scaring lover. she whisper yells at evermore, which causes her too look over at me.
"someone's angry today!!" a pause of relisation. "oh and someone's upset... what happened??" 

"midnights & '89 think that rep hit karma the other night," lover says, sternly.

"what!! what do you mean?? where did they get that bullshit from?"

i sigh, evermore and lover turning towards me. i had calmed down enough to speak up now. "karma probably made up some lies because she's mad we broke up." they both look at me, confused. "stupid, i know."

"tell me about it.." - 💗

lover comes back and sits next to me again, evermore also sitting the other side.

"you look tired, love." - 💗

i grumble a repsonse, agreeing.

"you need to get some sleep kid, i bet this is all overwhelming for you, itll be best to sleep it off for now." - 🤎

i sigh. "can one of you stay with me? i know it sounds silly but-"

lover cuts me off, "ill stay, its okay."

Lover
i sit down on rep's bed, looking down at her as she's lying down. shes looks stressed, like really stressed.
"your eyes look really red love," i say, watching her as she adjusts herself to speak to me

"yeah, im sure."

"how much have u been crying recently, its got to be bad?"

"mmm, its not that though its just-" she takes a shakey breath & a pause, "nevermind."
it hits me straight away.
"oh."

rep
oh? what does she mean oh? i bring the covers over my face a bit more to hide my mouyh & nose.
"how bad?" she whispers. shit. play dumb.

"what do you mean?"

"you're a bad actor, rep. you know what i mean." she says softly, a worried smile trying to be reassuring plastered on her face.

i sigh. "like, twice? it depends how bad it is, i had like, 4 the day after we broke up."
lover moves, lying down next to me on her back. this is one of the rare times she doesn't know what to say. its fine by me, but she doesnt believe that.

lover
i lie down next to her. i dont know what to say. what should i say, or do, even?