Wallace's: The Guest DJs

On a Saturday evening at Wallace's, the dance floor area, located at the back of the establishment, is reserved for the family and friends of a young woman who is moving to Charlotte, North Carolina, to start a new career. Albert, an old-timer and regular at Wallace's, sits at the bar in the lounge area, enjoying the music and sipping from his bottle of Coors Light. He reminisces about his days as a DJ, spinning records at parties and events. Rising, he walks to the back and approaches the DJ crew with a greeting, to which the two DJs respond the same. Albert also tells them, "Nice selection of grooves you're playing young fellas. I like the way you mix and keep the music playing. The sound is fantastic with the bass pumping. One of the DJs Stanley replies, "that's how we do it sir." While the other DJ, Marcus on the wheels of steel nods yes in agreement." Albert tells Stanley, "I used to collect a lot of records and still have them, along with deejaying parties and events like this. I have my high-power stereo system, fifteen-hundred-watt high power amp and my high-power speakers. I even be at home playing my music and I think my neighbors be complaining about my music being too loud. What amazed me is some of the same neighbors would hire me to play for their events. One of my biggest flaws was being too generous." Stanley asks, "What was that, deejaying parties for free." Albert explains, "nope! Lending out my records." Laughing, Stanley tells him, "I would never do that. Lending out my records would be like lending out my wife and kids, no way!" Albert, along with Marcus, is laughing. Albert tells him, "The last record I leant out was my Michael Jackson's Thriller album, the record just came out and I lent it to my former neighbor and former best friend. I trusted him and when I finally got my record back, after asking about my record over and over. When I finally got back my record, I opened the jacket, hoping it was not another record, I was shocked and upset that the surface of my new record looked like a thriller (Stanley is laughing), all scratched up. I really went off the wall on his ass and told his ass, never again. I was really pissed after I found out my record had gone through different households like the Avon Lady before it finally got back to me. There I was, happy to get my record back. I played the record, with the record mostly skipping, listening to the messed-up version of 'Wanna be starting Something". Never again." Stanley tells him, "I don't blame you." Albert tells them, "Listen. I'm going to leave y'all alone and let y'all do your thing and go back to the lounge area, I see this sexy mama I know entering the place and y'all keep up the good work." Stanley tells him with Marcus agreeing, "Thank you sir! We really enjoyed your company." Smiling, Albert says, "Thank you! You guys, care for a drink, my treat of course." The deejays tell him yes and they tell him what they want and thank him. Albert will have their drinks sent to them by one of the barmaids. He is walking back to the lounge area to rap to the woman he notices sitting in the lounge area and she was waiting for him.

Marcus asks Stanley, "What's an Avon Lady?" Stanley googles it up and tells him, "Some lady who goes around selling cosmetics and beauty supplies." Marcus replies, "Sounds like my ex-Felicia. The only difference, she was not into selling cosmetics and beauty supplies. In fact, she wasn't selling, she was giving it away." Stanley is cracking up, while one of Wallace's staff members brings the deejays their drink, courtesy of Albert.

Michael Jackson's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'