Chapter Nine: Starbucks Coffee ☕

Rainbow Dash's Pov

9:08am

I tied up my long rainbow locks in a pony-tail and yawned, tired as usual... When I woke up I heard some plates clattering and someone making some noise in the kitchen. I assumed it was Soarin. Well, he's awake early... I slowly opened my bedroom door, and groggily walked down the stairs, I saw Soarin preparing breakfast. I made my way over to the dining table and sat in a chair... "Morning Dashie!" He smiled, "Morning..." I said and looked at the food he just placed on the table. Man, I'm so hungry... Soarin sat in front of me and smiled, "You look... Tired..." He said, looking down at me. I glared up at his effortless perfect face, he had a smidge of pancake mix on his cheek, I lifted my head up from the table, "You got... A little something- Here." I said and leaned over and wiped the batter off his perfect face. I felt my face heating up a little as I got close to his face, "Dashie, you don't have to make up an excuse just to get close to me." He winked, I rolled my eyes casually... Suddenly something popped into my head, ughhh... I forgot... Apologizing... "So, Soarin... I guess... I'm sorry for making you do all that work yesterday, and... ahem... Taking care of me..." I whispered the last part, "What did you say?" He said sarcastically, smirking. "Don't pretend you didn't hear me, you turd." I said glaring at him, "Okay, okay..." He laughed.

"Of course I accept your apology, sweetheart," he smirked.

"I– Ugh, just shut up," I said and picked at my food... "You know you love me, Dashie '' He grinned, I rolled my eyes for the umteenth time... He sighed, shaking his head, and continued to eat his food...

*Ding Dong*

"I'll get it," I said, getting up from my seat. I heard the doorbell go off again,

*Ding Dong*

"I'm coming!"

Jeez, who's here at freaking 10am– "Fire Streak?!"

I gasped, as I saw my brother standing at my front-porch with my parents trailing not too far behind. "Dash!" He said pulling me into a hug, "Sweetheart!" My mom said running up and pulling both of us into a group hug. My dad kissed my forehead, "Okay, oka– OW! Guys, this is getting sappy!" I groaned, my brother and mom let me go, and I saw Soarin cleaning up in the kitchen. He walked out and my dad gave him a pat on the back, "We'll see you later Soarin," My dad smiled, "Oh yeah, your family is outside by the way." Fire pointed outside, "You're welcome to come back anytime," My mom chirped, I glared at her for her comment, really? My parents and Fire Streak went to unpack their suitcases upstairs, "Well, bye now– HEY!" I yelled as Soarin pecked my cheek. "Bye, Dashie..." he winked, I rolled my eyes as Soarin left...

Time Skip

12:29pm

I laid casually spread out on my bed, and was scrolling through my Snapchat. And then I heard a light knocking on my bedroom door. I turned around to see my mom peeking through, "Yeah?" I asked her, "Sweetie," She said welcoming herself in, and sat on my spinny-chair. "Mhm'' I said, getting impatient with this already, "You have to get a job." She said, "What whyyy?" I grimaced. "Because sweetheart, you're 16. And your brother has a job at the sports center, and he's already 19." she said. "You can work somewhere, anywhere you like." She smiled warmly, I sighed as she left my room. I got up from my bed and walked over to my desk. And searched on my Macbook:

"Jobs for lazy people that wanna sleep at work"

I looked at the results and sighed.

Waitressing?

Cashier?

Chef–

Definitely not a chef, but I definitely wouldn't mind being a cashier, that's a piece of cake! Plus being a waitress means that I'll basically have to be maid– I searched: