Chapter 1

Azriel's pov

The night, once a canvas for the tapestry of dreams, had become a realm tainted by haunting visions. As I slept, the shadows within my mind played host to a recurring nightmare, a surreal dance with a girl whose presence lingered like an enigma, a puzzle I couldn't solve.

In the labyrinth of my dreams, she emerged a silhouette veiled in darkness, her features obscured by an elusive mist. Her eyes, pools of endless stars, held a depth that seemed to swallow the very essence of my being. The whisper of her laughter, haunting and melodic, echoed through the corridors of my subconscious, a symphony of both allure and disquiet.

The dreams were a paradox-a torment that left me yearning for an understanding I couldn't grasp. Her figure, elusive and ever-moving, seemed to slip through the spaces between my outstretched fingers, leaving me with an unshakable sense of longing.

I awoke bathed in a cold sweat, the memories of the dream clinging to my consciousness like a lingering mist. The weight of the visions pressed upon me, a disconcerting fusion of desire and uncertainty. It was torture, to know who she was but at the same time, she was a stranger. The moment I knew she was the one for me, I had been beyond happy.

But it all came crashing down when I felt her die. When I felt her heart stop. And it all broke, the bond, the hope...me.

She was my mate, and she was dead.