𝟶𝟸6 | 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

A knife taunted her visions as Klaus skill fully danced with it in his fingertips. Leonora struggled against the dreamed Finn, desperately trying to wake herself up, but to no avail.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wak-

SLICE!

Leonora's breath caught in her throat, a heat cascading down her front as blood soaked her uniform. She began to struggle, the blood coughing up from her mouth as dribbles of tears and blood began to confide in one another. The faces of all she held dear - which wasn't a lot, watched her struggle and fade from the land of the living with smile graces upon their faces.

Her knees one again hit the cold, soaking floor, a puddle of blooding forming around her defeated figure-

Leonora shot up from bed with heaved breaths and panic, she wrapped her hand around the throat that hovered above her face and began to tighten in a fit of fear. She wasn't seeing correctly, her vision being reminded of the scarlet red. A ringing sensation creeping up into her ears causing paranoia to streak within her.

Hands grabbed her wrists and pried them off her, but that only caused Leonora to struggle more at the dream of hostage. She began to hit and kick whatever was in front of her, blue beginning to shine from her pupils in a defensive manner.

Leonora kicked away the structure obtaining her view and teleported against the wall opposite her while clasping a hand to her chest. At the moment of silence, her ears dulled the deafening ringing and slowed the uproar of her chest.

"I can't. I can't. I can't." Leonora began to breathe out while shaking her head. She finally looked up, meeting the sight of a panicked Klaus watching her closely. "I.."

Her words hung loose as she slid down the wall in a sitting position. Klaus watched with pain in his eyes, not knowing how to deal with the situation. However, he took slow and cautious steps towards her, prompting Leonora to look up with dangerous eyes at the reminder of her nightmare - halting his steps. Instead, Klaus began to lower himself into a sitting position, opposite her.

The two sat in comfortable silence for a minute, Klaus staring worryingly at the disassociating Leonora, hoping that his presence would heal her enough to allow him closer.

However, Leonora had no knowledge of Klaus's fear and worry, for she was stuck within her own mind, the memory of Finn slicing her neck and effectively ridding her of her own life haunted her. Yet, the nightmare of Klaus being replaced in Finn's position completely destroyed her. For she knew it was a possibility, Klaus is and always has been histories villain, the boogeyman that haunted children's cupboards and hid under their beds.

She felt her chest tighten with the familiar paranoia, except instead of her hurting Klaus, he's hurting her. Her hands unconsciously curled in on itself and her fingertips digging deep within her skin as more thoughts of doubt and fear of abandonment filled her mind.

Klaus's eyes snapped down towards the hand that began to prick with blood. He instantly shot up and descended towards her and clasped her hands in his. He didn't look towards her, however, as he knew all to well the feeling of someone looking at you when your down and defeated.

Leonora's once closed eyes slowly opened at the soft, warm touch surrounding her hands. Klaus was crouched down in front of her, delicately holding her as if she were a fine glass. Her chest filled with gratitude as she took notice upon his avoidance face, knowing that he knew she was insecure.