McCopperbottomLand Characters

I mentioned this before in last book. This was looking rather spurious! A friendly clown character that no one trusts due to being scary and promoting unhealthy lifestyles! 

McDonald's has had Ronald McDonald become a major icon and easily recognized by children around the globe +  fun and sharing friendship with a smile. This made their equation with kids 30 or more years ago unlike any other fast food chain could ever do. A pop culture icon, and a culture of young children supporting his every move. However, this bastion of fun and happiness according to the corporation, is often perceived as creepy and unsettling to the general public. Ronald has found himself tied over and over again to urban legends, nasty controversies and weird impersonations. Simply googling his name ends up with half of the results being terrifying. The company image of the character is so different from the discourse surrounding him.  In fact, Ronald was even part of the inspiration for one of the biggest horror icons, Pennywise from Stephan Kings, "IT".  

With the urban legends which were most likely made up just to scare us away, it started in the 90s when the internet was becoming a thing and stories about Ronald hiding in the ball pit to prey on children were shown everywhere. But then there's more! Weird stories about the famous statues of Ronald began coming around everywhere and into ridiculous memes + videos. 10 years ago The Ronald McDonald House Creepypasta was written which told a story about kids being crucified by clown nurses. Many of these came after his less appearances in McDonald's commercials telling that this was his new way of getting in the limelight if not aloud in real ads. Videos of Ronald imposters have been flooding the internet for years + fan made horror games, 3AM challenges, freaky viral videos, and fake commercials have been popping up everywhere too. 

Beyond it all, Ronald had turned into a public enemy from consumer advocacy. People have made weird conspiracy theories on his true motivation being influence from kids or fattening them up to eat them.  It looked like, fun and happiness = creepy and brainwashing.  The character McDonalds wished to be a joy figure to kids, is on a completely different path with the public. When I see all of what is happening and has been happening with the fun McDonalds once had + the adults backlashing on what negative impact it has, I cannot and know I cannot sit still.

It made me think, what if there was a character that gave joy and magic to others + a chief of happiness, but was at the same time much easier to tell is friendly mainly because he's cute?   Isn't it time to think about what's popular today that could become the new chief of happiness + might even be great with magic and charity work? It's a little tough to think of what that could possibly be but that didn't stop me from thinking of what I would've wanted from knowing myself as a kid many years earlier. And so that's where I thought of creating specifically a spoof for McDonaldland + I thought what better way to reduce my nightmares than to have my beloved Rodney Copperbottom in the role of Ronald McDonald? Now you know where the name comes from. So he's the officially mascot of McCopperbottom's and not to mention the video above shows a particular scene as I was told from a friend that it has Rodney's role make sense. 

Rodney would be someone I would find easier to trust and when the kids run off with him + love the magic he shows. If kids are not aloud to have McDonaldland as there magical getaway than they need to have something. Childhood obesity and profit issues had McDonald's remove kids from the equation nearly 20 years ago and has made it all look like a gray prison. Making everything more adult friendly makes kids feel unwelcome into this world. And today, with Millennials and Gen Z not having children, it's leaving concerning for our future culture and who will take care of us. There are lots of reasons out there due to all the mess that's going on in the world. Plus, with kids being so addicted to touch screens, internet, social media and phones, it's been studied that it is not good for their well-development.