✯ 36 ✯ Intermission

Start from the beginning

"I'd definitely bet on (L/N). I wouldn't be in the next round if it wasn't for her," Yaoyorozu said.

"Oh I doubt that, you're insanely skilled Yaoyorozu. You need to start being confident in yourself," I smiled.

"Oh, I...um...thank you," Yaoyorozu replied bashfully.

"I'm excited for the next round. Seeing Yaoyorozu and (L/N) fighting to win will most definitely be entertaining," Jiro smiled.

"Who do you think will win, Shoji? Koda?" Tokoyami asked.

"(L/N)," Shoji replied.

Koda seemed to scratch his cheek, smiling guilty as he nodded in agreement.

"You guys have too much faith in me," I chuckled.

"And yet you speak of confidence," Tokoyami sighed.

My classmates chuckled as they continued to talk amongst each other. I began thinking about my next steps. I had to contact Iida's brother soon since he heads out to fight Stain shortly before the one on one fights. Using the break provided by the games would provide time.

However I had to be somewhere public just in case there's a quirk that can track a person's phone. Sure this is a burner phone, but there are quirks for almost everything so one can never be too careful.

Which means a call would be less effective at hiding my identity than a text. However this also means it is less effective at gaining Ingenium's attention.

I hate to be selfish, but keeping my identity secret...keeping my knowledge secret is more important in this case. Afterall Ingenium will live if this fails, he just won't be a hero anymore.

"(L/N)! We have to go now!" Yaoyorozu interrupted my thoughts.

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter, Jiro's getting the other girls. We have to get ready," Yaoyorozu said.

Before I was able to question anything more I was pulled along into the girl's changing room. It wasn't until the others arrived and I saw the familiar cheerleader outfits that I realized what was happening. Everyone had gotten dressed now except for me.

"No! No way! You would've remembered something like this, and if there was a cheer battle we would've been provided the costumes instead of having to make them. I will in no way be apart of this," I argued.

"Come on (L/N), I don't want to get in trouble," Yaoyorozu said.

"Think about it, it's Mineta and Kaminari who told you this. Why would you even trust them?" I asked.

"Please?" Uraraka asked.

"Don't make me go through this alone," Jiro requested.

Most of the girls surrounded me with begging eyes as I backed into a corner of the changing room.

"Girls-" I began.

"I bet you'll look super pretty too!" Hagakure cheered.

"You guys shouldn't force (L/N) to do something she doesn't want to do, ribbit," Tsu said.

"Thank you Tsu!" I smiled.

"Put Yaoyorozu did use her energy to make an outfit for her. Aww, what a waste," Ashido sighed.

Guilt began to fill me and I looked away with a sigh. However I quickly tried shaking the guilt away and avoiding eye contact.I heard a sigh and looked up to see Yaoyorozu pouting sadly.

"Ugh, fine I'll wear it. Don't be surprised if this is all just a trick," I sighed.

The girls cheered as the quickly handed me the cheerleading outfit. I sighed as I went to change feeling very uncomfortable. The outfits were too revealing, but knowing this is a trap and walking into it knowingly makes me feel upset with my situation.