Scene 12 - The Return

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...

We cut to the exterior of Space City's revolving tower. Inside, Commander Zero and Lieutenant Ninety are at their desks. Steve Zodiac's voice comes in on the radio.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 to Space City, request clearance to touch down.

Commander Zero:

Space City to Fireball XL5, you have clearance.

Fireball XL5 descends down through the clouds. In the relaxation bay, the others consider their fate.

Matthew:

Well, what do you think will happen to us now?

Mike Mercury:

We will have to continue to sight tight.

Joe McClaine:

What about these other sightings of spaceships?

Professor McClaine:

I think that's out of our hands. Let the authorities of this Earth handle what's going to be decided for us. This maybe our planet but not our world.

Sam Loover:

Nor do we understand how it works. We leave it in their hands.

Dr. Beaker:

I'm sure there will be suitable accommodation at Space City for whilst things are sorted out. They will look after us.

We see Spacehawk drifting in space where we cut inside to the occupants of Hawknest.

Dr. Ninestein:

Any further information about anything Hiro?

Hiro:

Negative, Doctor. The instrumentation cannot computerise much. It is as if we have entered into a whole new realm of space.

On Moonbase Alpha, John Koenig looks out of the window to the view of another moon and the Earth. Helena Russel goes to him to help comfort John. This transitions to show Ed Straker and Paul Foster looking out on their moonbase to the space around them.

Straker:

Where are we, Paul? What has this lead to?

The Paradox accelerates through space, continuing to intercept Dr. Agon.

Lyca:

Still no sign of Agon?

Roger:

No, Lyca. Not a sign of him. But we are still tracking that energy trace to Earth.

Captain Thrice:

If he dares threatens the people of Earth, we are going to give him a piece of our mind.

As the Paradox continues flying through space, we cut to another sector of the galaxy. It is the sound of the realm of the Investigator transporting across space. The realm is invisible, but we understand that it is coming towards Earth still and is in the hands of some of the most evil forces of the universe. This then fades to see Fireball XL5 land at Space City, footage supplied by stock film. Once Fireball XL5 lands, we see Commander Zero rise from his desk and walk over to Lieutenant Ninety quickly.

Commander Zero:

Send out a general alert to all space departments. The World President and the Supreme Headquarters of Earth Forces has issued a major warning to all sectors of space security.

This then cuts to see the tower of Marineville. Stock footage supplies us with the two shots we see of the control tower. Inside, Troy Tempest, Phones, and Marina stand to the attention of Commander Shore. Atlanta and Lieutenant Fisher remain busy operating their computers.

Commander Shore:

We have a reports of unidentified spaceships are positioned over the Earth. Their intentions maybe hostile. Worse than that, our friends from the past have been unable to return to their own times.

Troy:

It seems a little unlikely sir that the WASPs should be assigned to space missions than underwater.

Commander Shore:

That's just it, Troy. Under the order of world government, we are on standby.

We then cut to the exterior of Tracy Island, before we see the villa. In the lounge, Jeff Tracy briefs his sons as well as Brains and Tintin.

Jeff:

And therefore, we are working in alliance with the other forces of the world for the threat of another alien attack. This is the moment that the united forces of the world has been preparing for if such a time occurred.

Virgil:

What are our instructions, father?

Jeff:

For now, John will be reporting any further developments on the situation and any distress calls around the world. We should place ourselves under emergency standby.

Gordon:

It seems kind of odd now that we are answerable to the World Government now.

Jeff:

In a sense, we are, Gordon. But they have granted us the freedom to act under their jurisdiction. Whilst we are still able to act as we please, more recent distress calls has seen us had to unite with other departments of global forces. But the policy of International Rescue remains untampered with.

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...