Chapter 23:

"Shoot." 

I nearly squeezed the trigger but I couldn't do it. I couldn't possibly kill Harry, No. I love him. I love his laugh, his smile, his jokes, his voice. I love him too much.

"Angel! Shoot! Now!" 

The interviewer is finally bidding them a good bye but I didn't squeeze the trigger. 

"You brought this on him, Angel" she hissed with pure venom that I've never heard from her before.

A few seconds later, a man came out from backstage and tried to stab Harry. He was halfway there when I swiftly moved my target towards him and shot. The crowd started panicking as he fell to the floor. Paul and the other guards came out, escorting the guys to safety. I stay in my position in case anyone else tries to approach them. When I'm sure the coast is clear. I leave the gun in it's place and run for the stairs. I'm saving Harry and handing him to the English Embassy. Luckily I wore my gloves so my fingerprints haven't been left on the gun. I practice my breathing before running towards the car I saw Paul bring the lads into and knock on the window frantically. Eric is sending people now for sure, and I can't risk that. A guard opens the door and Paul is in the driver's seat.

The atmosphere is tense and frantic. The audience from earlier are running in every direction and the police siren's can already be heard.

"Paul. Give me Harry" I yell. He's at the back seat, they're in a van and they're surrounded by guards.

"He nearly got killed, we can't risk anything!" he yelled back. His voice is frantic as he starts the engine.

"Paul! I swear to God, you have to trust me. I'm delivering Harry to the British embassy. You have to fucking trust me" My voice is stern and urgent. I stare at him in the eyes with an urgent look, I hope he can see that I am telling the truth. I'm trying to help. Paul is having a visual inner struggle but he nods stiffly.

"I swear to God, if you don't protect Harry-" Harry is already climbing out the van, his hand in mine. I can feel his pulse which is increasing by the minute. He's scared and nervous; who wouldn't? Adrenaline is pumping in me as I plan our route to my car and the route to the English Embassy. Washington isn't really that big and the the traffic isn't the worst so this could be a little easier.

"I shot the guy who tried to kill him, I'm already risking my life to protect his" I hissed at him. Paul's eyes widen but we have no time to chat as I tighten my grip on Harry's hand and we run. Harry's naturally lagging behind since his train out isn't as aggressive.

"Breathe through your teeth" I advise him and he nods. I know he has questions and he's confused but the fact that he's running beside me, his trust means everything to me. But so does his existence. And I'm willing to risk his trust on me just to protect his life. 3100 Massachusetts Ave NW. He get's into the passengers seat as I get into the drivers seat. I strip my work jacket and start removing my bulletproof vest.

"Sav, what's going on? Are you an agent sent by the government or..." he shakes his head as his eyes land on the vest and the pistols strapped to my gear belt. He's got things wrong but I don't say anything as i hand him the bulletproof vest. Protect him. My sole goal.

He looks at me confused, "You wear it. What are you doing?" I can't believe he's thinking of me in situations like these. It's sweet but it's very annoying how sweet he is when he's literally seconds to dying. By now, Eric's backup has arrived. And to think I was one of them.

"Harold" I give him a serious look. He sighs but nods and straps on the bullet proof vest.

"Have you ever shot a gun before?" I ask as I start the car and carelessly back up and drive as fast as I can. He shook his head and I could only pray he knows how to work one. I remove one of my small pistols from my belt while driving and remove the safety before handing it to him. He takes it carefully, still looking like a lost child.