It would have taken her parents nearly the whole year to make that kind of money.

Then they went to their first shop with Kotoha feeling fabric of some clothes before dropping it. Her allowance was supposed to only be used for emergencies only.

But then Douma popped his head over her shoulder with a grin.

"Kotoha-chan, did you want that?" His hand comes next to hers, his hand already larger than hers. She shakes her head.

"It's fine, I can't afford it-" Douma had already pick up the piece of clothing. Tilting his head spreading it out. Turning it every which way before lowering it.

"Is it your size?" She slowly nodded, confirming it was her size before Douma made large strides to check out. She was quick to follow, pulling on his arm.

"Douma it's fine, I can never pay you back." That had the Oni student stopping, throwing his head back in a laugh.

"Don't worry about paying me back Kotoha-chan. Consider it a gift for dealing with me."

Akaza would mutter something under his breath, saying something about giving her land for how much she deals with Douma.

More 'gifts' were given to her during their shopping spree.

The clothes being on the cheaper side of things. His gift giving had Koyuki teasing her again.

But their last stop was at a wand shop.

Akaza had broken his wand and needed a replacement

Akaza had broken his wand and needed a replacement. He got an exported twenty nine centimeter Blackthorn with a Thunderbird tail feather core. She thought it fit well with Akaza. His reaction was much the same as other wizards with hair flaring and a sense of awe of an unknown puzzle piece fitting back into you.

She can only be describe the feeling because her own wand had been a standard starter one that could only handle basic spells.

She couldn't afford-

Those colorful eyes that seem to find her easily this year turn to her, a twinkle in them.

"Kotoha-chan~, did you want your own wand?" Douma asks with a hand showing off the shelves of wand boxes, all neatly stacked and looking intimidating.

A few wands were given to her to try out, she thought most of the pear wood felt great but it was the cores that never seem to match with her. The sizes varied from twenty two to twenty five centimeters. Douma and Koyuki were watching in amusement, Akaza was dealing with his new wand, doing simple spells on it. Kelpie and Kneazle cores were given to her but none fit. The unicorn ones didn't seem to work well with her.

The shop-owner was holding his chin in thought before he went to the back. Kotoha let her head drop and Douma pats it.

"It's okay Kotoha-chan, you'll find the one soon enough." Douma gave her enough encouragement to try a few more before her heart told her no more.

The shop-owner would come back with three more boxes.

The first she tried was a willow wand with another Unicorn core. Her heart jumped again for the fifth time since entering the shop as it floated out of her grip.

The second was more of an experiment with the shop-owner saying he had been looking for a new owner for this wand. It had Douma interested as it was a Rowan wand with a Phoenix feather core. That had exploded the nearest lantern, bursting into flames.

Another rejection.

Douma would give his assistance by using his own wand , a long Silver Lime with a Rougarou hair core. He puts out the fire before it spreads any where with a quick ice spell, making a mini ice lotus.

"This one here is a cherry wand with a horned serpent horn core." Koyuki nearly squealed at how pretty it was.

The final one felt right. The instant it got into her hand it was like a lightning bolt of a connection. Never has she felt more in tune with something before.

The shop owner nodded at seeing it.

Douma gladly paid for it and Kotoha marveled at it the whole way back. Koyuki compared it to her own, a short Hazel wood with a unicorn hair core.

"Only the best students get a cherry wood wand!" It was true, if she remembers correctly, quite a few of the Surieye students had such a wand.

She did also finally knew why Tengen Uzui uses his wand so well. It must have a Dragon Heartstring for a core.

Either way, she was glad to have a better wand.

Her arm wrapped around Douma's as they floo back.

But before they pulled away, she kissed him on the cheek. A dust of red came to his face as he touched his cheek. Kotoha gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you Douma."

Douma could only nod, still quite stunned.

Under the Oni dorms, a secret passage only the top students know of was being used.

A chest had been dug up and opened. Textbooks and scrolls that had gathered dusts were being looked through.
Crimson eyes would look over kanji before writing on his note pad.

Beside him his wand sat on a desk, a Hawthorn wand with a Rougarou Hair core.

Douma: Kotoha-chan~ Do you like your new wand?

*Kotoha nods, giving him a kiss on the cheek*

*Douma going as red as a cherry*

--
Thoughts?