Chapter Nine

I woke up to the sound of something falling. I didn't want to fully wake up, so I carefully put my arm over my eyes to cover them from the lights. I was falling asleep again when Benjamin's talking didn't let me. I sighed and opened my eyes slowly.

I was thankful that we camped in the shade of the new environment. I finally didn't hear the annoying buzzing that was making me go insane. I felt relaxed, until my arm landed in a moldy puddle nearby my sleeping place. I emidietly sat up and cleaned my hand from the discusting water. I didn't want to touch the water even again from the time I tripped and tasted it.

I looked up to see Benjamin talk to Violett. I crawled up closer when they greeted me with a "good morning". They were holding a rusty pipe piece that was probably the thing that fell.

"Hello?!" We could hear a faint echo in the distance, Violett stood up immediately.

"Who's there?!" She yelled back, throwing the pipe away but didn't get an answer. Instead we saw a figure of a person getting closer and closer to our camp. Was that another survivor?

As the mysterious person got very close, I could take a good look at them. It was a teenage looking girl with beutiful brunette hair and grey eyes. Her skin was white like paper and she wore a cheap ripped shirt with a pair of jeans. Something felt off for some reason.

"Do you need help?" Violett said as soon as she stopped in front of us. The girl stared at us for a while and asked "Who are you?". Her voice sounded full of fear. I took my hand out and helped her sit on our sleeping bag. Benjamin handed her a protein bar, since we were sick of them already.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"What?"

"What is your name?" I asked again.

"What...?"

I was getting annoyed. My friends looked at her silently. I asked her one more time.

"What's your name?"

Suddenly her eyes opened wide, she started shaking. I quickly stood up and jumped away. She leaned forward, her limbs hanged like she was a zombie. We heard a discusting ripping sound, something was crawling from behind her. Her body fell on the ground bleeding dark blood on our sleeping back. Violett and Benjamin sprinted towards me, hiding behind my back, as I was frozen in one place.

A thing crawled out of her, it was an entity that looked like human insides shaped like a cursed looking person. It jumped towards me and I moved out of the way. I wasn't hurt but the creature landed on Benjamin instead. It grabbed his head and started moving weirdly. I panicked, grabbed the first thing that landed in my hands which was the rusty pipe that fell from the ceiling earlier and threw it towards the creatures head. The entity dodged the throw, jumping off Benjamin but I ended up hitting Benjamin instead. I didn't have time to apologize.

I grabbed my backpack, throwing a few things that were close to me into it, which was mainly protein bars. Dodging another jump of the creature I started running in a random direction. I heard footsteps behind me and I was just praying it were my friends. As i runned I saw a staircase going upstairs, and started sprinting towards it. It had an open door at the start of the stairs, so I ran into it and looked behind me.

Violett was running towards the door and got to it quickly, Benjamin though was only a few meters away from the entity, holding his forehead with blood dripping down his arms. He was slow but he managed to run to the door and i closed it right after him. We heard a loud crash and violent banging until it went quiet.

We took a breather and after a minute Violett realized that Benjamin was bleeding. She quickly took her shirt and ripped off a small piece from the bottom. Then she wrapped it around his head tightly to stop the bleeding. She did it carefully but quickly. It really looked adorable how she cared about him.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" She asked him, worried.

"N-no I don't think s-so..." He answeres, shivering from shock.

I was too embarrassed to say sorry. It was the rusty pipe that hurt him. It was sharp on both ends and the rust could have had infection in it. It was my fault that he's hurt...

"Listen Benjamin... I'm truly sorry I didn't mean to hit y-.." i mumbled but he just smiled.

"If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here right now. And besides, I can get all fixed up once we get out of here!" He looked calm and convinced but Violett and me looked at him not so sure.

After a while of resting we started wondering where could the stairs go. There were two ways: up and down. We decided to go up because the way down was darker and my flashlight was broken. We started climbing.

Violett went first, then Benjamin and I was the last. It took us a while to get to another door but it was locked so we went further up. My legs hurt awfully, but Benjamin seemed to be the most positive person here. He didn't complain and seemed to be the happiest even though he was hurt the most and had spent the longest time in here.

"Hey, Benjamin?" I wanted to start a conversation to forget about tiredness.

"Just say Benji it's fine."

"Alright, Benji? Uhm... Your head looks like it's seriously hurt... Do you not feel it?"

"Nope."

"Why?"

"Well, I've been hurt multiple times in my life and this small scratch isn't the worst I had. And besides, complaining about it won't make it easier." I was suprized of his answer.

I didn't get the chance to say anything more, when we saw another door, it was wide open. I leaned forward to see what was behind it, since Violett was blocking the view. It was a room that I recognized.

It was my room.