Chapter 1

Sanpafu= Sunpuff (play on Hufflepuff)
Sureiya= Slayer
Oni=demon

Kotoha didn't believe in magic till she flooded her school by bursting the water systems. It was a surprise that she had magic.

Someone must have found out because while she was still processing that she may be possessed or something of a religious or other mythos variety, a crow arrived at her window. It came after a week, the school having to be shut down in that time for repairs.

The crow had a letter, dropped it in her hands, and waited till she fully read through the thing

"This must be a joke." Age fourteen and she shouldn't believe in any of this.

But the true moment she believed in magic was when the crow started to speak and throw a bottle on the floor, a booklet appearing.

"Aaa, this isn't a joke! Not a joke! Report immediately to Kimetsu Academy."

Soon she was off, her parents were just as confused as her but wanted her to figure out her new abilities. Hugging her after learning she would be living at her new school.

So here she was sitting in a train unit by herself, with other students with wands and other items, doing what sounds like tongue twisters in another language before sprinting off

So here she was sitting in a train unit by herself, with other students with wands and other items, doing what sounds like tongue twisters in another language before sprinting off. A girl with purple tips would pause the scowl on her face, putting on a smile before coming in.

"Hello, are you a transfer? My name is Kocho Shinobu,"

Kotoha nods, her nerves getting the best of her as she thumbs at the worn booklet she had read from front to back many times.

"I'm Hashibira Kotoha....I guess you can say I'm a transfer." She was anxious and it was nice to get to talk to a student instead of being left with her own thoughts the whole ride.

She had been given basic supplies for the school year. Outside of that, she doesn't know what to expect.

After a while of chatting, Shinobu's eyes shift.

"If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask a Hashira of the Sureiya house." That had Kotoha tilting her head, nodding.

When the train stopped, it was only a small walk to what can only be described as a castle with surrounding towers. The towers were spaced out with the most noticeable two being the opposing North and South ones. She would learn they were the dorms of the Sureiya and Oni.

"Legend has it the first headmasters based them on the struggle of legendary slayers verse demons. Demons have long since gone extinct but it's still fun to know how the rivalry began." Koyuki a student of the Sanpafu house stated.

Koyuki was a muggleborn like Kotoha. However, she did think it was odd how late her abilities came in.

"It's honestly best not to get in the way if they do start fighting. The professors stop them before it gets out of hand."

She didn't know what that meant.

Sanpafu would be her home, sorted in based on what color this metal ingot turned into. If it didn't turn into anything it was Sanpafu. If it was a cool color like blue or green, students would be sorted into Sureiya.

But it was when it was crimson that they would go to Oni.

Kotoha didn't understand the distaste for the Oni students. Nothing was different about them outside of their top student looking paler than anyone else. She would learn later that most are all connected by being descendants of a group who was associated with the Oni of legend.

She didn't really see it and didn't bother looking into it. She was too focused on trying to catch up to her peers, who were three years ahead of her. Kotoha was already an average student in a normal school setting but now this.

It was just so frustrating and she just wanted to cry.

Koyuki helped where she could but had her own studying and clubs to do.

Her savior had come in after running into the library, his uniform a bit tight and needing a change because of a growth spurt he had. His light hair stood out against the dark shelves she had been scrolling through. His eyes were filled with mischief as he brought a hand to his lips.

Beautiful eyes that definitely weren't normal with how colorful they were

Commotion is heard in the main area of the library followed by an annoyed groan.

"Kanae!! I lost him." She recognized the voice as Shinobu and she peeked around the shelf, seeing the girl walk out. Once she was gone, Kotoha turned back to where the troublemaker was, grinning at her.

The crimson under robes he wears tell her he is an Oni student.

"Pardon me for interrupting you. My name is Douma."

Kotoha wasn't even mad, maybe startled but not angry by all means.

"It's okay. My name is Kotoha.' She gives a slight bow. 'If you'll excuse me."

Douma tilts his head, reading the titles on the spine of the books she was carrying. He offers his hands and since she wants to scroll more she gives them to him. The weight doesn't seem to bother him as they begin to walk around. Chatting about anything and mostly about her being new.

Some Sureiya students took note of Douma, the tension only easing when Kotoha and Douma began to pick up the speed of their conversation.

"Kotoha-chan, if you do need help studying, I can always help." Douma leans in on that statement. Her blush made her look back down at the textbook before her. She missed the fangs that seemed to have gotten longer in the process, a dust of red on Douma's own face for a different reason.

Though it goes away when she nods, accepting his help to study.

Fourth year was a struggle but with Douma and other new friends she makes, it isn't all that hard.

However, she will say she missed out on studying more myths and history.

Maybe she could have understood why things ran as they did at Kimetsu Academy.

It's the fall and you know how contagious the Harry Potter movie vibes are this time of year.
I quite love the AU and I can't wait to expand it.
But outside of that enjoy the story!<br />
--
Thoughts?