The Antique Shop ☠︎︎

Start from the beginning

"Luka, think you could take a break from gardening and come hang out? I'm bored of my studies." The new voice spoke, Marinette was still hiding behind the bushes and fence, her blue eyes peaking from behind the bushes to see a blonde who looked only a little bit older than her, though up close they would probably be around the same height of her eyes didn't deceive her, the blonde boy was stunning in her eyes, like a prince from one of the fairy tales her mother would read her every night, but at this point Marinette was convinced the boy she'd spotted was simply a servant to the blonde who seemed rather fond of him. As the breeze blew through the air it seemed both boys caught wind of the fresh pastries being baked in Marinettes fathers bakery. "Let's go to the bakery! They only just opened last full moon, and nanny hasn't let my try anything from there yet." The blonde seemed happy to escape the manor with the boy now identifiable as Luka.

Marinette simply watched from the other side of the fence as Luka seemed to hesitate about taking the unfamiliar boy outside the manor walls, Marinette waited, and listened, wanting to meet the boy who had so quickly caught her naive eye, a face she would never simply forget, one that would be ingrained into her memory for as long as time allowed.
"I'm not sure Young Master, the Lady of the house does not like you being let out of the manor. Especially without proper escort." Luka spoke, his slightly deeper voice a stark contrast to the young blondes.
"You're no fun Luka, and how many times have I told you when no one's around to call me Adrien." The blonde spoke, enwrapping the young girl on the other side of the wall even more in his dashing young appearance. Marinette could feel her heart beating out of her chest, placing her small fragile hand over her chest, she attempted to catch her breath, she had never once in her life felt this, an attraction that would transcend age and maybe even time if she were ever so lucky.

Marinette rushed as fast as her small feet would carry her to the bakery, gathering sweet and savory items her mind in her childhood crushing bliss as she ignored her parents questions, the young lady felt no need to explain herself just yet as she had only began her plan to court the young Lord living in the manor next to their small patch of farm land, Marinette skipped over to the front gate to introduce herself and offer some delicious pastries to the boy who had wanted to try them, to Adrien, the boy of her dreams, and hopefully her future prince charming, even if he wasn't an actual prince. As she went to knock on the gate it began to open slowly and the 2 boys she'd seen behind the fence slipped out her crystal blue eyes meeting with emerald green, she was enchanted, entirely enthralled with the blonde boy that stood in front of her.

"Hi..." He could only seem to muster a single word as his eyes met hers, Marinette's face flared up into a small blush as she quickly held the basket out to him.
"I-I hope you don't mind...I heard you through the fence, and my family owns the bakery...and I thought you might want to try these." Marinette spoke in a rush as she offered the basket to Adrien, her head turned down and her face a vibrant shade of red as she offered the basket out to the young noble, she was hoping he might accept the offer of the pastries she'd gathered oh so quickly to gift him and maybe earn his favor, friendship, or maybe something more in the future. But her blue eyes simply widened as she felt the basket lift from her hands, looking up she saw Adrien looking inside it like it was Christmas morning.

Marinette watched as the boys both crowded around the basket, looking at all the sweet and savory pastries inside the basket, seemingly talking amongst themselves, though Marinette wasn't exactly aware of everything they were saying at the given moment. She stiffened the moment both boys looked up and met her eyes.

"I'll be right back." The older boy Luka spoke rushing off and back into the large manor, leaving Adrien and Marinette alone for a short while.
"Would you like to join us for a picnic?" Adrien offered looking at Marinette, being entirely oblivious to the rapid beating in Marinettes tiny heart as the boy made an innocent offer to her.
"I-I would l-ove yo- to, I would love to." Marinette stuttered as she looked at Adrien, then turning her head down to play with her fingers when the innocent moment was interrupted by Luka returning with a blanket in his arms, walking to the empty field across the dirt road and laying out the blanket. Marinette walked over and sat down, Adrien sitting far closer to her than Luka, who sat across the blanket from them.
"Can you tell me about these pastries..." Adrien looked to Marinette subtly requesting her name. "Marinette. My name is Marinette." She completed his sentence as a smile grew on his childishly handsome features.