He was pessimistic. Nolan didn't understand why Aloys responded with a reaction like this. He was just afraid that he had interfered too much in their family affairs. His intention in coming here was only to rebuild relations with Edgar after not seeing each other for years. Remembering the look on Aulia's face yesterday, he also became worried that something had happened to all of them. Without having to ask, behind Aulia's cold and indifferent response yesterday, there was a gleam of depression on the innocent girl's face. Nolan knew Aulia didn't mean to be that kind of person. The girl just didn't know the direction of her life, as if there was no longer any hope for herself. Nolan was reluctant to ask more about their problems. He hurried to end this conversation.

Aloys suddenly asked, "Are you sure you want to know Edgar's condition?"

Nolan's eyes widened and he glanced to the left. I don't know how to respond to this uneasy and slightly piercing atmosphere. It looks like something is going on. Nolan is increasingly worried about his condition.

"Yes I am." Nolan answered the question. He not only wanted to know but he also wanted to help them. Seeing Aulia's expression yesterday, he felt that something had happened to them. He actually hoped his guess was wrong. Aulia was just tired and everything was fine. But the response given by Aloys said otherwise.

"Can we talk inside?" Aloys invited Nolan to enter the living room.

                                                              ***

The car drove to a place. Nolan drove his car to the place indicated by Aloys. In the winery area near the Three Castles. Behind a simple house near the plantation, you can see an old cottage. The old cottage was built as a villa for Aloys' descendants and has not been used for years. More precisely, it has not been used since Aloys opened a shop in a residential area near the old town in Colmar to facilitate the sale of wine.

Yesterday's conversation was still vivid in his mind. He didn't think that there was such a serious problem in their family. An innocent girl became a victim of all that. It's no wonder that Aulia's face looked very gloomy from the start. It wasn't gloomy because of physical exhaustion but because there was something weighing on the child's heart.

Yesterday.

The situation felt very heartbreaking. He seemed very desperate about their condition. He knew that Aloys seemed very reluctant to convey the news about Edgar's current condition. But Nolan's facial expression looked a little pale. Nolan also bit his lips slightly. Maybe Aloys knows that Nolan is really worried about Edgar and that's what makes Aloys still want to talk about the problems that are happening to their family. Moreover, seeing Nolan's expression, which looked like he was really worried about Edgar, made Aloys also hope that Nolan could change this condition.

"Did you come to Edgar's wife's funeral?" Aloys wanted to know how close Nolan was to Edgar first before telling him all of this. From Nolan's face, Aloys could see that he is a good person. But this is too personal to tell those who are not close to Edgar.

"Yes, I did."

"Are you close to him?" Aloys wanted to confirm it again. He didn't want to make the wrong decision in this matter.

"Yes I was."

Nolan felt like he was being interrogated by him. There was a feeling of discomfort but he thought that maybe this was a very important thing for him. A slight gasp could be seen from Aloys' body which slightly went limp. Aloys just looked at the wooden table in the middle of them.