#009

it's been 2 days since the pair communicated. y/n stayed in her home. yeonjun on the other hand stayed home as well but the sounds of his door opening and closing faintly reverberated. during those days, the celestial realm sent down messages to the cupid. she found out a lower-ranked cupid ranked up. her young cupid friend she adored, aether, was sent down for his first mission too. the higher-ups had requested her to spare a day to check up on him.

and that day was today.

gleeful to meet the child again, y/n excitedly left her house. she marched towards the lift and surprisingly, yeonjun stood there for the elevator with his hands chucked in his pockets. he sported a sleeveless top, toned biceps standing out that slightly glistened under the lighting. upon hearing footsteps, the boy turned and they made eye contact. y/n grinned and waved.

"going out?"

"yeah, to the convenience store," yeonjun hummed. "need to restock my instant noodles and some drinks. you?"

"i'm going there too!"

yeonjun raised a brow and sent her a warm smile, "so you know how to go there or do you need me to show the way?" he teased. the cupid rolled her eyes, smacking him. "my sense of direction isn't that bad."

"really?"

ding!

the elevator opened. y/n laughed, shaking her head. "yes." the two entered and after pressing the ground floor button, they both continued chatting. yeonjun was blabbering away, recounting how he had been sleeping and just eating instant noodles the entire time. he even said that the day before, he woke up to find some lady's underwear on his balcony's railings.

[💘]

the cool breeze of the convenience store slapped against the pair as they entered. y/n slightly shivered for a second but collected herself. whilst yeonjun made his way to the instant food section, y/n stayed at the entrance area. she began to look out the window of the store intently. yeonjun gave her a few glances, confused and concerned.

"what are you looking at?"

"oh uh, it's nothing."

the cupid frowned. she pressed her lips together and decided to sit at the window seats provided by the store. her chin rested on her clasped hands, lips beginning to nimble. the council told her the young cupid will be loitering around this area around this exact time with his target but he was nowhere around. where is he? yeonjun who already had purchased his stuff, paused and stared at his friend. 

"what's wrong?"

"nothing. see you later." she answered, waving off without looking at her friend. that irritated yeonjun slightly but he sighed. shortly after he left, y/n finally saw aether. he was flying overhead a guy who was yapping on his phone non-stop while skateboarding. he was heading to the convenience store. y/n watched as the younger cupid prepared his bow. he was aiming at the male.

[ Y/N'S POV ]

i need to help him, i scurried off, leaving the store. i doubt aether saw me as he was still pulling his bow in the sky. unfortunately, before i managed to rush to a secluded corner, i noticed the bow leaving the arrow and i paused to watch. a look of horror crept up my face as the supposed target made a harsh turn, leaving the dashing bow to hit the other only one in its shooting lane.

choi yeonjun.

my hands reached my face as i watched the bow take effect. aether shrieked as well and once his eyes landed on me. "lady y/n! i wasn't aiming! the bow accidentally flung out." at the verge of tears, the child flew to me. i licked my lips and sighed, this is gonna take a lot of work.

"it's okay, my love." i uttered softly, giving the almost sobbing boy a warm smile. "as long as he doesn't look at anyone right now... which is impossible... he'll be alright. go report this to the higher ups and tell them i'll take care of it. finish your current task before you head up." the boy sniffed and nodded, flying away. fortunately his target and the girl were in the same location so aether succeeded shooting them both. giving him a thumbs up, i watched him fade away.

"y/n?" yeonjun looked me straight in the eye as he stumbled a bit. there was a bit of that love struck look in his eyes. in the cupid realm, if there was only one bow shot at a person, that person can immediately fall in love with whoever they first see if there isn't the other bow to connect that person to his soulmate. and unfortunately, i was the one first yeonjun saw.

ah fuck, he must've felt something for me right now.

i grumbled as i ran away. yeonjun followed after me, yelping to me. "wait!" however before he could see me, i turned into a corner and turned into my cupid form as quick as i could. yeonjun then came into the spot i turned, pausing. i summoned my reversal arrow and shot him. it took him one minute to eventually become his original self.

"where did she go?" yeonjun mumbled as he started walking back. he began mumbling stuff under his breath. exhausted, i leaned against the wall. i returned to my human form, feeling sweat trickling down my forehead from the chase just now. i wiped it off and waited for a few minutes so i could begin my move.

[💘]

it was already evening by then as i strolled along the dimly lit streets, the soft glow of streetlights casting a warm ambiance. a wistful smile graced my lips as i observed the world around me. couples meandered hand in hand, their laughter and whispered conversations carried in the air.

the evening air embraced me, and the distant murmur of conversations filled the quiet spaces between footsteps.

gosh, to be loved.

cupid's mistakeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें