"So, tomorrow... I'll be enrolling in St. Vincent?" I asked, trying to process the sudden change in plans.

My brother nodded, explaining that it was a necessary precaution after the recent abduction. "I can't leave you here, especially when Dad is not around. Even though you have bodyguards watching over you 24/7, I'll feel more comfortable knowing you're close to me," he said, his concern evident in his voice.

Accepting their decision, I agreed to enroll in St. Vincent for my own safety.

Kuya Renz then dropped another bombshell. "Rebecca, you need to hide your identity," he said.

Confusion washed over me as I tried to comprehend what he meant. "What do you mean?" I asked, seeking clarification.

He explained that I wouldn't be using the Armstrong surname for protection. The recent abduction had occurred while the girl was on her way to St. Vincent, so it was crucial to ensure my anonymity.

"So, I can't use my real name?" I asked, feeling a mix of disappointment and understanding.

My brother reassured me that I could still use my real name, Rebecca Monique, but not our surname. It was a way to protect me.

I sighed, realizing the gravity of the situation. "I'm so sorry, Rebecca. We can't lose you. You know how much we love you, right? Me and Dad will lose ourselves if something bad happens to you," my brother said, his voice filled with tears.

Moved by his words, I quickly stood up and embraced my brother tightly. "Of course, Kuya. And I love you too... you and Dad," I whispered, feeling the depth of their love and concern for me.

After a while, my brother handed me a paper. "That's your fake documents, Bec. Read it first," he said gently.

Returning to the vacant seat in front of Dad's table, I carefully read through the documents. Rebecca Monique Carlos. It felt strange to see a different surname, but I understood the necessity for my safety.

"Carlos?" I asked my brother, seeking clarification.

He nodded, explaining that I would be using Tatay Jacob's surname, our family driver. The fake documents contained all the necessary details about me, except for my real name and family background. From now on, I would be Rebecca Monique Carlos, the only daughter of Armstrong Family Driver Jacob Manuel Carlos.

Concerned about how I would be able to enroll in St. Vincent without using the Armstrong surname, I voiced my concern to my brother. He reassured me that as his scholar, I would be able to use his family name. All members of the Highest Rank had the privilege of sponsoring a scholar under their family name. It meant I would be in the Lowest Rank, a contrast to the privileged lives of the Highest Rank students.

Admitting my fear, I whispered to my brother, "I'm scared."

He stood up and approached me, pulling me into another hug. "I know, Becca. It's natural to be scared. But remember, you're strong, and we're here for you. We'll get through this together," he reassured me, his voice filled with love and support.

Holding onto him tightly, I found strength in his words. I knew that with my brother by my side, I would have the courage to face whatever challenges awaited me at St. Vincent.

 Vincent