"fine..." she said. She was pissed. Again. Great.

She hung up and I slammed the phone down on the receiver, rolling my eyes.

***

"Well, it looks like I'm in the dog house again." I told Robert the next day.

"What happened now?" He asked.

"Oh I didn't ask her to Prom. She wants to go and I don't really think we should spend money on a bunch of bull shit prom shit when we have a baby coming." I said.

He just looked at me for a second and sighed. "let Me talk to her. Maybe she can wear a dress that she already has and you can just wear something nice that you wear in the office..." Robert said.

Annie

"Ugh! DAD! A dress I already have? Dad it doesn't even matter anyway. He doesn't want to go." I said to dad as I sat on the foot of my bed.

"Andromeda. Knock off the attitude." I sat there with my mouth hanging open. "he's not just being an ass hole, he's trying to make sure everything's taken care of. I'm trying to help come up with a compromise so you both get what you want." Dad said.

He turned around and walked out of my room. Mom came in the next minute with a smile.

"come on honey let's see what we can come up with." She said

I walked over to my closet and dug in the back. Pulling out 3. There was a turquoise, a hot pink and a red.

"Do you think these are going to fit Mom?" I asked.

"I think you'll be fine honey." She said.

The first one was fine but not really what I was thinking, the red one was strapless and actually zipped all the way up. I wasn't really showing yet but my boobs were bigger. I've been wearing pretty baggy stuff lately.

"Oh Honey that looks nice! And you can wear your black pumps! I think that will be good and prom's two weeks away so everything should still fit."

I smiled. This would be alright.

The next day I pulled up to school and parked next to Eddie. He was finishing his cigarette.

"Sorry I was being kind of a Bitch the other day. You're right. We don't have to spend a lot of money..."

He sighed. "I forgive you babe. I know our lives are different from what we thought... I'm just re prioritizing. If going to prom is gonna make you happy then we will go to prom." He leaned down and kissed me on the head.

The next Friday Veronica and I went to the mall to get her dress. Gareth of course was super romantic when he asked her, almost cheesy enough to make me barf, luckily my urge to barf has gone way down over the last week. We got to the mall and I threw another life saver in my mouth.

"Annie, I swear you've been popping those life savers non stop for weeks now." Veronica said.

"They're really great! The lime ones are my favorite, here have one." I said passing her the roll.

I picked up Eddie a red tie that would match my dress then we make our way to the formal dresses in the department store. She tried on five. She liked the pink one that was longer on one side than the other with the really puffy sleeves and the bow in the back.

"That one is fantastic! Aww my Veronica! You look like a princess!" I said almost welling up with tears.

"Thank you! I'm so excited! This is going to be the best night!" she started to put her clothes on "I didn't get to go last year, well because no one asked me..."