2

I slowly opened my eyes to meet the cold concrete floor. I had surprisingly survived again in this world of torment.

Weeks have passed since that day, and with each passing day Damian got even more worse than before, he would come and suddenly start hitting me using a whip to hold me down. Using me as a punching bag, beating me till enough blood drips and till his satisfied.

Once again I struggled with movements since I had gotten fresh doze of marks, scars and bone fractures. I forced myself to rest on the wall even though I could hear my mind telling me not to.

Looking to the side I saw the food tray kept aside for me, every morning food is brought to my cell, most of the time food is cold and half spoilt something they called soup with a liquid substance called water. Even after all these Damian still makes sure I'm fed even if it's just the littlest.

I still don't know why? But who am I to think?

I'm just a stupid servant after all.

I crawled over to see what there is to eat I was about to take the cold soup I heard the doors fly open and fear gripped me instantly and I tried to back away into the corner as fast as I could.

The cell was dark and I could only be seen if the fire stick was brought in to the cell.

I heard low but menacing growls coming from the door and I could feel my heart beating in my stomach. I instantly cornered my self in the far end of the cell. My breath hitched and eyes scanned everywhere to see where the sounds could be coming from but nothing.

What's going on?

Is that Damian?

I've never heard him like this

Silence fill the room and my breathing increasing and it was becoming hard to breathe properly.

All of a suddenly a weird rapid creature burst out of the shadows into the cell. I screamed to the best of my ability because my voice was strained after Damian had decided to harm my  vocal chords.

The beast started barking at me through the cell bars, making me want to enter the wall to protect myself.

It didn't stop, it kept barking.

But what did I do?

Why was it barking at me?

I fridgetted the more it barked, then worse was when I heard Damian chuckled.

The barking beast turned to him and growled, weird white liquid coming out of it's mouth. I just hid in the corners cowaring away from them.

"Stupid mutt" he gritted. Without thinking the beast dashed towards him aim to push him down, but Damian caught it just by the throat.

"I brought you here just for two days and you're already too curious for my liking" he growled back.

I heard the once rapid creature whimper as it struggled out of Damian's hold and kicked and scratched him.

"But as they say... curiousity kills the cat but in your case. It's kills the dog".
What I saw next make me pale, he teeth grew and his eyes glowed and with a swift move he snapped the beast's neck and it dropped down whimpering. It eventually stopped whimpering and laid still, it's gray fur covered in blood.

I felt tears fall involuntarily as I stared at the lifeless beast.

He killed it.

He killed it.

I didn't know why I would feel so bad for a beast that could easily kill me, but seeing him vunerable at Damian too made my heart ache for it.

If Damian could easily kill a monsterous beast with his bare hands why wouldn't he kill me?

Was he actually easy on me?

"Too easy" he spat at the lifeless beast and kicked it aside. And my body stiffen and my gaze fell to the ground, I couldn't dare look up at him.

He came closer and opened the cell, I hugged myself tighter as he came then  grabbed my hand and quivered the more. His touch was tight and painful, "what a show uhh?"

I looked down tears falling from my face as he grabbed me. I could feel his smirk and gripped me more piercing his nails into my arms.

He abruptly stood and flingged me across the room. I groaned loudly in pain as I banged my back hard. "I'll never let him win! You're mine!" He yelled as he grabbed my hair.

What did he mean?

Who's is He?

"Soon I'll have more power than any other person and rule what is rightfully mine!" He yelled like I was the reason why he didn't have what he wanted.

I choked on my own blood as grabbed me. My eyes fluttering closed as I felt my head spinning, he dropped me painfully when a guard came running.

"Sir! We're under attack!" Damian's growl made my squirm in my position. He rushed out and left me there by my weak lonely self.

I sniffled and crawled into a fetus position as my tears and blood mixed on the floor.

Suddenly losing my appetite.